Part Fifty-Two

Draupadi was in training with the other students. The challenge was to hit the symbol on the flag, she was up against an ignorant prince who seemed to think he knows it all. They stood at the markers and took aim with a bow in one hand and the arrow placed on it,pulling the string back her arrow hit the pole knocking it over while the prince's arrow pierced the flag.

"And that is how you hit a target." Boasted the prince, leaving Draupadi smirking. Her guru understood her mind in the last few days Draupadi had changed, all emotion associated with love were gone- he couldn't have been more proud. "Putri why did you strike the pole?" With a hard face she replied "Because Guru dev I have respect, the flag represents the king and his subjects and therefore I hit the pole rather than piercing the flag." "Outstanding Draupadi." He turned to the prince "Despite winning you have lost!"

*two weeks later*

A student accompanied by her teacher were sitting and discussing ways to over throw the king of Varu. The plan had been placed in.
Draupadi walked back to her chambers rubbing her temples, marriage was not on her radar but will she have to marry Varun just to accomplish the task- no even if her guru dev suggested it she wouldn't her heart still was HIS.
She sighed and dropped back onto her bed. She was fed up she wanted to go home but nothing could be done she had to extend her stay just a little longer.

*following morning*

Today was the day he chose his life partner. She wore a light sari but as she was leaving Queen Avantia and Princess Vajra stopped her exclaiming that she couldn't leave dressed the way she was, sitting her down and fussing over her.

 Looking in the mirror she barely recognised herself,she thanked Vajra who was just doing the finishing touches to her makeup

Looking in the mirror she barely recognised herself,she thanked Vajra who was just doing the finishing touches to her makeup. It was over done but Draupadi with her natural beauty did justice to it, her hair in tight elegant low bun with a veil clipped in she looked like a bride despite the red lengha the gone of white suited her complexion and enhanced her ever-green beauty.

As a horn signalled the arrival of princesses that had make their way into  the grand hall, Draupadi was the last to enter she was lead in with Vajra who had a grin plastered on her face as all the mouths dropped,  she was feeling a little conscious of the looks she was getting but she felt Arjun's eyes on her but how was that possible he wasn't here, shaking her thoughts and being pulled back into harsh reality she passed the princesses who were envious of her looks as she was walking one whispered "how are we supposed to compete with that."

Taking a seat all the formalities were done, the king then ordered for one of the royals to give a tour, perfect opportunity to think of ways to rid this evil king she snuck away but she hadn't escaped someone's sight Virak, he dressed as one of the servants and began to follow her, she was making her way around analysing every thing about the castle devising plans which would be an easier place to attack with less security, her thoughts were disrupted as someone whirled her around causing her to fall forward. ARJUN. Nope Virak.

struggling against his grip he asked her a million questions which she ignored rudely. She pushed past and exclaimed "I don't have to answer to you!" Storming off she decide it was probably best to go back.

She walked in as heads turned she took her seat and smiled warmly at them all. The king did a lot of talking which was practically frying her mind, the challenge to be Varun's wife was a swords fight against him. Four princesses had tried and failed miserably as she stifled a laugh, a few couldn't even hold a sword so they were instantly disqualified from the competition. Next was her turn not like she was worried as she walked up she was stopped by the king "wouldn't you like to take blessings from your brother." She remained silent just then Kumar Shant walked up and exclaimed "she is not my sister. I have never seen her in my life." Guards quickly pointed spears at her bit she remained quite and composed, "Varun kill her." Shouted the king with venom dripping with each word, he tossed her a sword which she caught swiftly and immediately blocked his first attack. He then swooped low causing her to jump in reflex, as her feet hit the ground she blocked several attempts of his as he smirked at her which she returned, she attacked first this time and instantly disarmed him as she stood above him ready to kill. But no not yet. She had defeated the best swords man in the whole word, she got up and started walking away only to have a thousands of guards come forth, the king had ordered them to take her to the outdoor prison, they beat her up but she was smart she lashed forth at one and got a dagger but didn't use it she simply put it under her veil the pushed her forth as they carried her up the stairs after binding her hands behind her back.

"Ma" she called out, Mura who was the lady she saved was present she ran to Draupadi and turned her to face her, she had blood oozing out of her lip and the side of her head and across her cheek, Mura ran and picked some water and gave it to her lovingly, after placing her head in her lap she stroked her hair lovingly, she quickly recovered and told the Mura her plan not before explaining everything about who she really was and about her guru, Mura agreed and Draupadi pretended to be dead as Mura screamed it attracted soldiers who checked and were fretting as she actually wasn't breathing, as they turned away taking the dagger out she cut the rope and took them down she then proceeded to take their clothes and dress as one of them  she the turned to Mura and said "come
Ma I'll get you out" "no putri you go my son will come for me just go and establish dharma" after taking blessings draupadi ran in to the castle as the had already been notified that she wasn't there in the prison. She walked in only to be stopped by the family she took out a sword. This was it.  She told them who she really was and then lashed out and killed all four of the kings sons as the queen screamed in pain, the king in anger lashed out at Draupadi who turned into Mata Durga and killed the king who payed her respect before dying. She turned to Vajra and the Queen and apologised and despite the pain they forgave her "No my dear you did right you have final established dharma where we couldn't I'm so grateful thank you and May god bless you." Her guru who had walked in smiled "I'm proud of you my dear you have done the impossible and I am honoured to have witnessed your Durga avatar, may god keep you happy." Vajra who had forgiven Draupadi walked out but the others knew she needed time.

*a day later *
The news spread fast, since she had destroyed the king she was to be queen and at the moment it was the coronation. 

"Wait, I'm not going to accept this throne, I may have established dharma but I did not do it for a crown, this is Vajra's right and there fore I'm not going take that away from her. She will be your queen guiding you, teaching you and caring for you, and I strongly believe she will treat you right." She looked at Vajra and gently took her hand she sat her down on the throne and placed the tiara on her head and they all hailed their new queen, Vajra thanked her, the two were best friends now and enjoyed each other's company.
Her guru the pointed out "putri isn't it time you go home?" She nodded and begged her guru to come with her which he agreed to. She was coming,back to her family back to HIM.

Hey guys I know this is a long chapter do let me know what you think in the comment section below and please vote love you all !!!!!!!! :):)