Part Sixty-Two

Everyone was up early for the wedding.

^^Shikandani's outfit^^

^^Draupadi's Lengha^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Everything was in full swing, Her mothers had brought shikandani down and sat her next to her hubby to be, She was standing by a pillar as she felt someones eyes trained on her,looking around she realised that it was Arjun sighing mentally she turned her attention back to the wedding as Krishna muttered to Arjun "Stop checking her out." causing Arjun to blush a deep shade of red.

  The Indian culture celebrates marriage as a sacrament (Sanskara), a rite enabling two individuals to start their journey in life together. In a Hindu wedding, the multiplicity of creation becomes possible when spirit (Purush) unites with matter (Prakritti). The Hindu wedding lays emphasis on three essential values: happiness, harmony, and growth.  

 Jaimala (Exchange of Garlands) The couple exchanges garlands as a gesture of acceptance of one another and a pledge to respect one another as partners.  

Madhupak (Offering of Yogurt and Honey)The bride's father offers the groom yogurt and honey as the expression of welcome and respect.

 Kanyadan (Giving Away of the Bride)The father of the bride places her hand in the groom's hand requesting him to accept her as an equal partner. The concept behind Kanyadan is that the bride is a form of the goddess Lamxi and the groom is Lord Narayana. The parents are facilitating their union.  

Havan (Lighting of the Sacred Fire)The couple invokes Agni, the god of Fire, to witness their commitment to each other. Crushed sandalwood, herbs, sugar rice and oil are offered to the ceremonial fire.

 Rajaham (Sacrifice to the Sacred Fire)The bride places both her hands into the groom's and her brother then places rice into her hands. Together the bride and groom offer the rice as a sacrifice into the fire.  

Gath Bandhan (Tying of the Nuptial Knot)The scarves placed around the bride and groom are tied together symbolising their eternal bond. This signifies their pledge before God to love each other and remain faithful.  

Mangalphera (Walk Around the Fire)
The couple makes four Mangalpheras around the fire in a clockwise direction representing four goals in life: Dharma, religious and moral duties; Artha, prosperity; Kama, earthly pleasures; Moksha, spiritual salvation and liberation. The bride leads the Pheras first, signifying her determination to stand first beside her husband in all happiness and sorrow.

 Saptapardi (Seven Steps Together)The bride and groom walk seven steps together to signify the beginning of their journey through life together. Each step represents a marital vow:  

The Seven Vows: 

Groom:
You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children.
Bride:
I am responsible for the home and all household responsibilities.

Groom:
Together we will protect our house and children.
Bride:
I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely.

Groom:
May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children. May our children live long.
Bride:
I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste.

Groom:
You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children.
Bride:
I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can.

Groom: You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you.
Bride:
I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honour you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes.

Groom:
May you be filled with joy and peace.
Bride:
I will always be by your side.

Groom:
We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity.
Bride:
As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honour and cherish each other forever.  

Jalastnchana (Blessing of the Couple)
The parents of the bride and groom bless the wedded couple by dipping a rose in water and sprinkling it over the couple.

  Sindhoor (Red Powder)The groom applies a small dot of vermilion, a powdered red lead, to the bride's forehead and welcomes her as his partner for life. It is applied for the first time to a woman during the marriage ceremony when the bridegroom himself adorns her with it. 

 Mangalasutra (Thread of Goodwill)A necklace worn specifically by married women as a symbol of their marriage.  

Aashirvad (Parental Blessing)
The parents of the bride and groom give their blessings to the couple. The couple touches the feet of their parents as a sign of respect.  

The wedding was complete the two souls were bound together for seven lives.Now came the sad bit Shikandani's Dholi.Even after saying goodbye to everyone She refused to move she stood firm and shook her head no as tears fell from her eyes. Draupadi walked up to her and grasped her hand slowly she began to walk her sister to the carriage,Shikandani tightened her grip on Draupadi's hand made her come to halt,she looked into her sisters eyes as tears started to grip her eyes they flooded out as the two sisters hug each other desperately. Draupadi calmed down and began again to lead her over to the carriage she made her sit down and wiped her tears away as shikandani grabbed onto her hand, the boys stood by the carriage and began to push the carriage the girls still had their hands linked as slowly slowly they got ripped apart, Samarthya placed his hand on his older sisters shoulder causing her to be pulled back into reality she quickly wiped her tears as Samarthya wrapped his arms around his sister,She smiled sadly. 

After a while they were all sitting in Draupadi's room when suddenly Arjun just stood up and left they all exchanged confused looks before Draupadi volunteered to go check on him."Of course she would go she loves him." exclaimed Kamalkar. And as those words left his mouth Draupadi pounded him with a pillow after being satisfied she left in search of Arjun as the rest looked at one another and running after her. This should be good.

Hey guys please let me know what you think and remember to vote to love you guys!!!!!!!!