Part Twenty-one

The Pandavs along with kunti and Gandhari had reached the beach side and sat down, to wait for the Panchalans to arrive. After five minutes they had arrived. Prashati introduced her co- wives first then her sons and finally her daughters. They all sat down and began to talk and laugh . Kunti realised that Draupadi wasn't there, in disappointment she said "Prashati, where is Draupadi." Drisht answered for his mother and said " Draupadi said she had a few things to take care of and then she will come and she also wanted to bring her best friend, so.." Kunti nodded her head and smiled at the fire born and stroked his curls lovingly. Whilst they continued with their chat Arjun noticed and lady clad in a lengha choli and a man with a peacock feather adorned on his crown. He smiled. His Mahdav. As Draupadi came into view he saw what she was wearing:

 As Draupadi came into view he saw what she was wearing:

She looked divine he thought

She looked divine he thought. His best friend stood in front of him as they both shared a man hug. Krishna then went to kunti and was pulled into a hug by his fathers sister. Draupadi and the rest were confused finally Govind explained and was greeted by slap in the arm by his eternal sister who said "Why didn't you tell me." The others were laughing silently. Arjun stepped in and said "Don't worry Mahdav i'll save you from her." Draupadi shouted "What is this Mahdav, he is Govind." "Not to me ok you call him what you want and i'll do the same. There bickering went on and on as Govind stood in the middle whilst the remaining Pandavs, Draupadi's siblings and the queens were in fits of laughter. Finally Govind stood and once again said "Would you stop, your acting like a married couple."He said the last part in a sing-song voice. Draupadi wacked him hard as he fell on to Arjun knocking the two men to the floor. Soon after Draupadi was in hysterics.

After laughing a good load they all sat in a circle and talked away as Arjun felt himself helplessly looking at the beautiful Rajkumari as she told amazing stories and laughed away with his family as well as her own. All of her brothers had witnessed the Rajkumar staring at their sister and couldn't help but growl under their breath.

Once the laughing had died down Draupadi stood up saying she wanted to go for a walk in the woods as she turned to leave one of her mothers Kadambari had stopped her saying she shouldn't go alone. Arjun took this golden opportunity and volunteered himself to go with Draupadi at this before her brothers could object her mothers along with Kunti and Gandhari gave permission.

The two walked in silence into the woods till Draupadi said "You do know i can take care of my self right?" He nodded his head and said "But your mothers still wouldn't have let you go and you know it." Once again silence washed over the two and this time Arjun decided to break it "So tell me about yourself." She laughed and said "I'm quite unextraordinary." He smiled and said "I reject that at the hand" She smiled and he asked "I heard that you birth was extraordinary people all over Aryavarth were over joyed." A frown descended her beautiful face as she said "maybe for them." Curiosity got the best of him as he asked what she meant. She she started telling him everything "Dad didn't want me, he wanted a son and he got that but he was upset because i was girl, he always put all his daughters down and i guess that's why i'm so guarded." As they walked she told him about everything and he listened closely after listening to her talk he said "I have a question if you don't mind." She nodded signalling him to ask away. "Mata prashati yesterday when you were hurt said that you always take the pain of others away and you let yourself suffer. why?." With a shrug of her shoulders she said "Its just easier for them and me, i don't like talking about what i feel and my problems, whats the need to burden others?" He didn't say anything as they walked on they her a cry of an animal Draupadi felt it as she spotted a bird caught in the vines she raced over followed by the prince. She started to un not the vines and once that was done she reached for the bird and brought it out, then she gave it a boost as it flew from her hands. Arjun was enchanted by her kind nature, she grabbed his hand and the two continued there walk silence had greeted the two again so she asked about him and as he told her his story she listened intently, a bit too as she didn't see a log in front of her and she slipped and was about to hit the ground when Arjun saved her as the two locked eyes and smiled shly at each other.

As they decided to head back and evil raakshas came out of no where with an army of men. Eight men approached them as Arjun and Draupadi were back to back. Quietly she asked " Are you seeing what i'm seeing." He replied yes as she continued saying "Good just checking." Finally coming up with a plan she whispered "right you take the four close to you and i'll do the same."

They launched into attack and after a fierce fight they killed the eight men. The leader of the screamed "RAJKUMARI DRAUPADI." in a teasing tone Arjun said "There here for you." They were startled again when the raakshas said " RAJKUMAR ARJUN." draupadi in a teasing tone said "Ohh would you look at that there here for you."

The monster came down and started to battle the two, Draupadi was getting tired as she said "Arjun" in a weak voice the raakshas took hold of her and used her as a barrier. He sent a arrow to the ground creating dust forcing the man to release his hold on Draupadi and Arjun sent another straight for his chest, as he fell to the ground Draupadi ran into his arms holding him close which he gladly returned, they broke apart by a evil laugh as they saw this raakshas was alive he then tossed the two from the cliff down the water fall and into the water. Arjun held Draupadi in his arms as the water was parted and their stood their friend. Once they had gained composer Draupadi ran to her best friend and engulfed him in hug as arjun joined he asked what to do now and the response was... run and that's exactly what they did.

They reached back to their families the two were instantly pulled into hugs and were bombarded by questions which they answered after a few hours they each went back to their camps and went to sleep to rest for the third day of war.

Hey i want to say thanks to everyone who has read this story because i'm up to 1k thanks to you guys.

i hope you like this chapter , let me know what you think. TILL NEXT TIME !!!!!!!!!!