Part Seventy-Five

Previously

"START." He shouted as whip lashed down on her still tender back, she hissed out in pain as Arjun began counting his eyes sparking with tears with each moan and groan or hiss from his lover. All of her friends were in tears even Raj who felt a special connection to the form of Adishakti as he is part of the Trimurti too and Diya who is part of the goddess Tridevi.

Arjun felt like his heart was being ripped out multiple times, her pain becoming his, her pain reflecting in his eyes, he felt himself go weak from pain but kept his eyes locked with hers offering mental moral support. She winced once again as the whip came forcefully down, but her gaze with Arjun remained intact.

Once her 'punishment' was done the king came before telling her to bow down to him."i would never bow down to you, you idiot." He growled and tried to force her to the floor but she kicked him where it hurts as the guards quickly moved forth and hit her back, they dragged her and Diya back to the dungeon as the three men looked on horrified.

It had been days.

Night had graced the city beneath. No less than an hour ago the sky was painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas, with no stars illuminating God's master piece.

Darkness spread through the lifeless city like a disease. In the distance, a petite, fragile frame shook uncontrollably as sobs wracked through her body. The darkness of the night spreading through her limbs. She was alone. The pain beating on her like a drum. She was played and left to rot in this lonesome city.

She was left waiting.

Waiting for the one. Waiting to be rescued. She had always been the type of girl who insisted that she was fine or that she was more than capable of saving herself. But in this moment of time she wanted...No she needed to be saved from the darkness that was drawing her in.

She needed someone to bring her back. To resurrect her. To be her sun. Its rays of positivity stretching across her darkened sky.

She wanted to feel once again.

There's a reason love is invisible, undetectable with anything but our minds. We aren't evolved enough to be trusted with it. We'd try to engineer it, alter it, use it, and weaponize it. Aren't there always great reasons to do immoral acts? Or are they excuses to allow us to follow our more powerful weapon of desire? The power of love will always be greater than any other and the keys to reality will only ever be given to true students of the ultimate, timeless, boundless master.

She wanted the love. She needed a breath of life. She desired for someone to re-ignite her quenched fire. Was anyone out there? 

She was losing hope, Diya had tried her best to lift her spirit but no, nothing was working, she was slowly slowly slipping from the world her sorrow over powering her causing her doubt. Diya had no reason to doubt Raj, he loved her and never tried to cause her pain but her and Arjun were a completely different story...yes love was there but she felt like it wasn't strong enough she was slipping and he wasn't present to catch her. Govind had always told her that she was destined to face pain more pain than anyone but still she felt her world shaking. Her family. She had made a promise to her late mother Sagrika that she would always take away her families pain, but she was tired, she wanted to close her eyes and never wake up. She had even failed to notice that one of Raj's spies had made their way into the dungeon and Diya had been writing  a letter to be sent to Krishna, Arjun and her beloved Raj.

Kairav barged into the cell as Draupadi sat in the corner looking out at the window, Diya quickly hid the letter in her dupatta and turned her attention to the King. He forcefully grabbed Draupadi holstering her up to look him in the eyes. "You are to get married to me tomorrow." Draupadi couldn't say anything, she couldn't move, tears came to her eyes, struggling to remain composed she closed them with flashing images of Arjun appearing. Kairav looked at her and pushed her into the wall before storming out. Draupadi fell to the floor and continued to gaze out. Diya felt her pain she quickly wrote that in the letter and handed it to the guard, she turned back to look at the fallen roop of Adishakti, silently praying that Shiv's roop would be successful in saving her.

*with the boys*

A guard had come running in just handing them the letter not saying a word, he sent a sincere look in Arjun's way as his head hung low whilst walking out. That got them worried as Satya grabbed for the letter reading it with shock washed over her face she dropped the letter and looked at the boys muttering "We are too late." Arjun and Krishna shared a look of worry as Raj bent down to pick up the letter he moved back so Arjun and Krishna could read it too. As the they read on the colour drained from their faces, the quickly changed their plans. 

Arjun walked out after the last minute meeting, he took a seat outside and started up into the night sky whispering "Just another day and Shiv and Shakti will be untied."

Hey guys sorry for the delay, please let me know what you think, thanks in advance if i don't, ummm and i guess that is it for now stay tuned to find out what happens next.