Part Ninety

Previously:

  Arjun pulled her wrist spinning her back to his chest, for some reason blood was flowing from his thumb, he then drew a line in her maang as his arm lay on top her waist. Draupadi looked at him in shock as he realised what he had just done. Draupadi's eyes were playing tricks on her as she saw flashed of Arjun before her in a royal attire. As she moved her hand forth Arjun stepped back turning away he heard her say "My swamvarya has been fixed." His eyes closed in pain at the thought of her being someone else's. "I don't care, i'll repeat again Rajkumari i'm not your Arjun." Draupadi moved in front of him "Then why did you fill my maang." "It was a mistake." "You can't just do things like this Arjun...you just claimed me as yours in Shiv mandir, that has to mean something." He sighed and began walking away..this time she didn't stop him instead she called her Daasi's and prepared to leave. As she climbed in she opened the curtain revealing herself to the bhramin again who's eyes were fixed upon her form. She smiled softly as the carriage moved. Arjun couldn't help but stare at her, he smiled reminiscing their past.  

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Draupadi walked into the palace with a smile gracing her features, her family understood. Everyone understood. She had met him. And for the first time her doubts were cleared, her eyes held that glow that they had as she walked out of the fire, the embers of orange dancing around her lotus like orbs. She was content. Krishna smiled...he knew that Shiv Mandir was the perfect place for the re union of Shiv himself and Shakti but he was aware of the upcoming pain that was in store for his sister they were one step closer to their goal, the goal that had been set for the world to see the shakti of a woman and its capabilities, he smiled at Draupadi as she silently thanked him for sending her there. He walked up to her planting a kiss on her forehead before whispering "Get some sleep, its your day tomorrow." She cutely yawned as he smiled before tucking her in and leaving.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The kingdom awoke with a start. Draupadi was quickly bathed and sent to her room to get dressed, she was wearing an elegant red velvet lengha, that felt smooth against her skin, Prashati came in looking at her daughter with tears escaping her eyes, Prashati stood and began tying her daughters hair into an elegant bun with a red rose at the side. The rest of the royal women entered Draupadi's chambers and helped her put on her jewellery, keeping it quite simple. The girls were in tears as Kadambari and Prashati helped her with the veil pinning it in place. They hugged her as Draupadi felt her own heart feel heavy. She didn't want to leave them. Not yet. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Trumpets sounded, as the last of the kings arrived, flowers being showered as a bow was placed at the centre of the arena, villagers gathered to witness their caring fire princess grace them with her presence. Draupadi was lead in by her sisters, silence splashed across as people were in awe. Draupadi smiled her eyes cast low as her sisters guided her to her seat besides Krishna and Dhrist. Dhrist looked at her and smiled, he was so happy to see his sister, she looked lovely in her bridal attire, he closed his eyes praying to god to keep his sister happy forever, he knew where his sisters happiness lied, he just hoped he'd turn up. Draupad shed a tear looking at his fire born, he wasn't ready to let go but knew that this was the next step in her life, she was destined to achieve so much and he whole heartedly blessed her. Krishna winked at his Sakhi, before closing his eyes reassuring her that everything would be okay. Dhrist stood up addressing the Kings and Princes in front of him. "I thank you all for coming to take part to win my sisters hand, she deserves nothing but the best and this task is designed to do exactly that. The bow in front of you is no ordinary bow it belongs to my sister and only the person worthy of her hand-" Just as he said that Brahmins walked in. Draupadi's gaze shot up as they locked on to his, he looked at her before going of to stand with the rest. Dhrist continued "The bow will only be lifted to that one special person that can connect with my sister and then the archer will shoot and try to hit that fish by looking at a reflection straight in the eye." The competitors looked in shock as Draupadi smiled at Dhrist. He knew the only people that could wield her bow was him, krishna and Arjun. He was clever. One by one all the kings and Princes got up only to fail, it was amusing for Draupadi as she sniggered a bit to loud causing everyone to look a her she quickly replaced it with a cough as Prashati scolded her but smiled. Arjun smiled at his Princess. She was looking like a master piece, she was a master piece. She had kept it simple and he loved that about her, he couldn't take his eyes off her, he was sure it was getting creepy but he just couldn't rip his gaze away from her. All the kings had failed and Draupad was out of options just before he was going to say something Karan stepped forth and walked to the centre, looking at bow and then Draupadi he ripped the bow from its place...Wait....WHAT!!! Dhrist looked at Draupadi who looked at Krishna, "You have a choice Draupadi. Make it." She pondered before shouting "WAIT." Karan looked at her, "I can't allow you to do this. i don't what to be won by you so..." Karan eyes flared in anger as he shouted "Is this because of my status, you are a gold digger Rajkumari." Flaring in equal anger she practically roared out "No AngaRaj its because i know your plan, you plan to give me to Rajkumar Duryodhan and thats not acceptable so please take your seat and gladly keep your mouth shut." Bheem stifled a laugh, as Arjun smirked, she was truly something he watched as she graciously sat back in her seat the anger flooding to the tip of her noes.