Welcome To Hell

"Oh, my God, just wake up already, would you? You've been out for ages."

 Mikael opened his eyes and looked at the blond girl on her knees next to him. "I'm dead, aren't

I?"

 "I would think so, since you're in the land of the dead."

 Mikael sat up and looked at his surroundings. "Is it always this dark?"

 "I think so. Usually is."

 "Who are you?" Mikael asked.

 "Alexia Branson's the full name, but please call me Lexi. I've been here for quite a while now. So what's your story?" 

 Mikael scoffed. "My story? Do you know how long that would take? If you plan to tell me your story, you had better go first."

 Lexi shrugged. "Fair enough. I was murdered in cold blood by my best friend's brother, whom I once had a one-night stand with. That sucked. I miss Stefan. Now you tell me yours."

 So Mikael told her his story. How long it may have taken is unknown, since no one knows how time in the Underworld passes. 

 "Wow," Lexi said when he'd finished. "That really sucks. I thought dying once was bad. Well, maybe here you can find some peace."

 "Have you?"

 "I've come to terms with the fact that I'm dead. Eventually, you should, too. Unless you're really stubborn, which I get the feeling you might be. But, anyway, welcome to Hell, pal. I get the feeling you and I are going to be pretty good friends."