Hayley Marshall #3

When you first started dating Hayley, you had some idea what you were getting yourself into. She is eternally connected to the Mikaelsons, which tends to be a very unsafe situation. But you decide you can handle that for her sake. 

 You and Hayley have been keeping your relationship a secret from her daughter, Hope. You think it must be that Hayley just isn't ready to tell her daughter about it. But you've met the Mikaelsons, and they don't seem to particularly like you, so you wonder if that could be the other part of it.

~~~~~~

 One day when you and Hayley are spending time together, she preoccupied and distracted.

 "Is something wrong?" you ask her.

 "Yeah, there is, actually," she says. "Klaus knows about us. Well, he knows I'm seeing someone, but I don't think he knows it's you."

 "You told him?"

 "I didn't have to. He pieced it together in that dark, twisted mind of his, and now he wants to know how it's going to 'affect our daughter's well-being'." 

 "But Hope's not in any danger from me," you say.

 She smiles. "I know. Klaus have severe paranoia, but I think if he got to know you better, he would see you're not putting anyone in danger, least of all our daughter." 

 You smile back, and the two of you kiss. That's when you hear a small voice.

 "Mom?"

 The two of you break apart, and see Hope standing in the doorway.

 "Hope," Hayley says, "I thought you were with your Aunt Freya."

 "I was," she says, "But she had something important to do, so she said to come find you." She looks at you. "You're Y/N, right? You were here one time."

 You nod. "Yeah. Nice to see you again, Hope."

 "Mom, are you and Y/N dating?" Hope asks her mother.

 "Um, yeah," Hayley says glancing at you. "Yes, we are."

 She nods. "I was wondering. Dad asked me if you had said anything about dating someone, and I didn't know what he meant."

 Hayley sighs. "Of course Klaus said something. Well, honey, are you okay with this? You know, me dating Y/N?"

 She shrugs. "I guess so, if you like dating each other. And as long as Y/N is nice."

 You nod. "I'm nice, I promise."

 Hope smiles a little. "Okay, then. Can I hang out with you, then?"

 Hayley smiles. "Of course. Come on."

 "I'm glad we'll be able to get along, Hope," you say she joins you.

 She shrugs. "I guess so, but I don't really know you yet. We'll see. I think the person you should really be worried about is my dad."

 "Well, we'll handle him later," Hayley says. "For now, let's have some quality time, the three of us."