Davina Claire #3

You are Klaus' right-hand man, usually doing whatever he asks you do, almost always with no questions asked. So when he calls you to the compound one day, you're prepared for whatever it is he wants you to do.

 "Y/N, you're a handy young man," he says, "So I'm going to ask you to do something. There's been some trouble brewing in the quarter recently, and I need your assistance. I want you to go befriend that little witch Davina Claire, and spy on her. Find out what she's up to, and report everything to me. Understand?"

 You nod in understanding, and go off to find this witch. 

~~~~~~

 You pretend to bump into her by accident on the sidewalk. You act all kind, apologizing and picking up her bag for her. She doesn't seem to be in any kind of hurry, so you start to chat. She's actually a nice person, you realize, and definitely seems in need of friends. After a few more encounters, you become friends.

 The two of you begin to spend more and more time together. Even though you're just spying for Klaus, it feels like the two of you have a real bond. You start to fall for her, but you don't realize it until it's too late. And the scariest thing is that she seems to be falling to for you as well.

~~~~~~ 

 You and Davina are spending time together in the church attic. You have left your phone sitting on the table, and don't realize you've gotten any messages. Not until you hear Davina say your name.

 You turn around. She's holding your phone, and open is a text from Klaus.

 Get to the compound sometime today. I want to know what you found about Claire.

 "Davina-" you start to say.

 "Don't," she says. "You've been doing Klaus' dirty work this whole time. You've never cared about me, have you? You have been spending the last few months pretending to be my friend!"

 "I haven't-"

 "Don't make excuses. You're a monster, just like Klaus. You might even be worse than him."

 You try to explain once again, but find yourself thrown through the doorway. 

 When you get up, Davina steps back towards the corner. You know she's uneasy with her magic, and isn't good with controlling it. So you don't move too close to her.

 You pull a little box and a note out of your pocket. After a quick moment, you crumple up the note and toss it aside, and place the box on the floor by your feet. Then you turn to leave.

 As you're going down the stairs, you hear Davina reading the note aloud. You don't expect her to believe any of it, but then you hear her call your name. You turn around just as she runs down the stairs and throws her arms around you. You notice she put on the necklace that you had placed in the box.

 "This note," she says, "Those kind of words and feelings...you can't fake something like that, can you? It's real." She sniffles, and there are tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry I flung you through that doorway."

 "It's okay," you say. "You don't have to apologize for anything, Davina. Forget Klaus. I'm yours."