Klaus Mikaelson #6

Klaus Mikaelson is dangerous. You have always known that. And yet, try as you might, you have never truly been able to stay away from him.

 It was a nice evening in New Orleans when you met Klaus. You were new at Rousseau's, and Cami introduced you to him when he came by.

 "Very nice to meet you, Y/N," he had said, giving you a charming smile. "Any friend of Camille's is a friend of mine."

 And that was it. You were hooked.

 You've talked to him other times since them, and you can feel him trying to reel you in. You keep resisting, knowing getting involved with a man like him would not be good for you. He doesn't seem to realize that, however, as he continues to subtly pursue you, probably trying to decide what would be the best way to ask you out. If he ever does ask you out, you've already decided you're going to say no.

 But then there are the times when you think you would like to go out on a date with him. You'd like to hang out with him more often and get to know him better. You want to hear his stories, and know all about Klaus Mikaelson. And you have the feeling he would be perfectly willing to tell you if you wanted to know, and probably make it sound as glorious as possible.

 You are really, truly torn.

~~~~~~

 The next time you see him, he gives you a charming smile and says, "Hello, Y/N. What have you been up to?"

 "Working," you answer, "Like I usually am."

 "Ah. I see. You know, you should come visit sometime. There's always something wild and insane going on in my home. It would certainly be something different for you. You can even stay for dinner, if you like."

 "Are you trying to ask me out?" you ask.

 "Ask you out?" he repeats. "Is that what it sounds like? Well, I don't usually invite people to my house, so perhaps it is. Well?"

 "Well what?"

 "Do you want to come over sometime? You can meet my brothers and sisters. They can be rotten sometimes, but they won't mind if you're there."

 This is exactly the sort of thing you thought might happen. Klaus is asking you about what could end up being some kind of date, and you're not sure if that's what you want.

 "You know what?" you say. "I think I've done too much overthinking. I guess I could come visit sometime, meet these rotten brothers and sisters of yours."

 He gives you a bright smile. "Well, that perfect! Why don't you come by when you're done here for the day? I've been by enough times to know your shift is ending soon. Unless you have other plans for tonight."

 "I actually don't," you say. "If you'll wait, I'll meet up with you once I've finished up."

 You must have been overthinking all of this, you think, because now you're excited for it.