Klaus Mikaelson #7

You are visiting your friend Hayley today, and you see what she meant when she said you might be a little freaked out by where she lives.

 "So...this is it, huh?" you ask her.

 "Yep. The Mikaelson compound. I know it's kind of...dreary, but it's not that bad. Hope and I have been living here with her family for a while."

 "Right, these Mikaelson people," you say. "You know, they did sound kind of weird when you were talking about them."

 Hayley scoffs. "Well, weird is one way to put it. Come on, I'll show you around." 

 Later, you're sitting together in the living room. Hayley made coffee, and she settles little Hope on her lap so she can handle holding onto her and a coffee mug at the same time.

 "Is there anyone home besides you?" you ask. "I haven't seen anyone around." 

 "Well, Rebekah and Kol actually aren't here much. Elijah and Freya usually are, though, and I don't think I want to know what Klaus with his free time."

 "That's Hope's father, isn't he?"

 She nods. "Unfortunately, yes. It's that he's a bad father, though, because he loves Hope. He's just...not...like other people."

 "Hayley!"

 She sighs. "And here we go."

 "Where is our daughter?" A tall blond man storms into the room, marching straight towards where Hayley is sitting. "I thought we agreed I would have her for the afternoon!"

 "When did you ask me about that?" Hayley asked him.

 "This morning, of course!"

 "You mean I was busy and probably wasn't even listening to you?"

 "I wouldn't be surprised if I found out you never listen to me when I talk," he snaps.

 "Look, Klaus, we have a guest, okay?" Hayley nods towards you. "This is my friend Y/N. Y/N, unfortunately, this is Klaus Mikaelson, Hope's father."

 Klaus Mikaelson is surprised when he looks over and sees you sitting in the chair. He looks back and forth between you and Hayley and says, "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't realize we had a guest. Well, Y/N, I'm sorry if I gave a bad first impression. I'm usually in a more mild mood." He flashes you a charming smile while Hayley scoffs.

 "Um, don't worry about it," you say. "If you were going to spend time with your daughter, go ahead. I was just chatting with Hayley."

 "Of course." He picks up Hope and smiles at her. "You seem all right so far, Y/N, so if you want to stick around for the afternoon, I have no quarrels with that. Now, we'd best be off. Come on, little one."

 You watch him leave, smiling at the way he looks at Hope. He obviously adores that little girl.

 "Y/N?"

 You look back at Hayley. "Yes?"

 She looks at you, and then looks at the door. "Gee, if he asked you out on a date, I think I know what your answer would be."

 "What? What do you mean? I just met the guy."

 "Yeah, I know, but he can be very charming and flirty. And dating him can be...dangerous. If that's the way you're going, tread carefully."

 You nod and take another sip of your coffee. "Yeah. I'll keep that in mind."