Camille O'Connell #3

When Cami enters the party, you are the first one to spot her. Of course, that was to be expected, being that you had been hanging around near the entrance, knowing that she would show if Klaus asked her to.

 "Hello, Cami," you say from the corner. "You look lovely tonight."

 She swivels around and spots you, giving you a small smile. "Oh. Hi, Y/N. Did Klaus invite you?"

 "No, Elijah did. He's the only exceptionally nice one in the family. So, what are you doing here?"

 "Klaus invited me," she answers, as you had already assumed. "Are you sure you want to be here if he doesn't actually like you?"

 You shrug. "I can handle him. Hey, do you want to dance?"

 She looks surprised. "Really? I'm...not much of a dancer."

 "I'm sure you'll be fine."

 Cami lets you lead her out to the dance floor and into a dance.

 "I get the feeling you're up to something," she says. "You don't strike me as the social type."

 "I'm usually not," you admit, "But I thought it would be good to try something new." Desperate to change the subject from your slight social awkwardness, you ask her, "So, what's with you and Klaus?"

 "What do you mean?"

 "I mean that the two of you seem to have become rather close recently," you say. "He likes you."

 "Oh. Well, I like him," she says. "Why are we talking about this? You don't seem to like Klaus."

 "Not much. But I do like you. I wouldn't want to see you get yourself into anything you would regret later on."

 "Like what?" she asks. "I don't regret spending time with Klaus."

 "Well, not yet," you say. "Most people do later on, though, since many people end up dead because of him."

 Cami abruptly pulls away from you. "What are you trying to do?"

 "I...don't know what you mean."

 "Yes, Y/N, you do know what I mean. You're obviously trying to tell me something, so let's hear it."

 You sigh. "Fine. I don't want you to start dating Klaus Mikaelson." 

 "Seriously? It's my life. Look, I get it if you have something against him, since everyone seems to. But I like him, okay?"

 "I wasn't trying to upset you, Cami," you say, trying to pull her back into a dance. "I wouldn't upset on purpose. What I'm saying is that he isn't your only option."

 Her eyes widen as she seems to grasp what you're saying. She pushes you away and says, "I can't do this right now."

 You stand there, helpless, as she walks away from you. You know people are probably staring, but you don't see how that really matters.

 But now that Cami knows how you feel...perhaps she'll Klaus Mikaelson isn't the only choice out there for her.