Rebekah Mikaelson #5

You have been good friends with the Mikaelson family for a while now. Even though they're usually scary, and sometimes a little weird, you like them, even though most people hate them.

 After some time, you began to develop a crush on the youngest of the siblings, Rebekah. She has absolutely no idea whatsoever about how you feel about her, and you wish you could find a way to tell her. But you can't use your words and your voice together; you are mute, and can't speak to her about love.

 Although you're very nervous about the idea, you decide to talk to her brothers, Elijah and Klaus. You hope they'll be understanding, or at least Elijah might be.

 "Is something wrong, Y/N?" Elijah asks you. "You look nervous."

 You move your hands to show that you need something to write with, so Elijah finds you a notepad and a pen. Then you slowly write out everything; all of your feelings for Rebekah, the desire to tell her your feelings, and that you have no idea how to do that. 

 When you're finished, you hand the notepad to Elijah, who raises his eyebrows as he reads. He then hands it to Klaus to read over. When he finishes it, he shares a look with Elijah, and the two of them look at you.

 "Surely, there must be some way you can tell her," Elijah says. "Perhaps something a little more creative."

 Klaus perks up at 'creative'. "I might be able to help with that. Y/N, are you an artist? Can you paint, draw? No? Not much?" He sighs. "I suppose I'll have to lend you some of my artistic skills. But listen here," He gets up from his chair and leans towards you, "My sister deserves something grand and extravagant, although yours will probably a little amateur compared to my skills, but that is what you are going to do. Understand? Yes? Good." He smiles. "Let's get started, shall we?" 

~~~~~~

 There is a party at the Mikaelson compound the week after. Klaus insists-or practically demands-that you come that night.

 "Don't you see?" he asks. "This is your chance. Now, do you want that chance or not? Because I refuse to waste my time if you don't."

 Of course, you show up, and receive a warm welcome from the Mikaelsons.

 "Niklaus wanted me to tell you to get Rebekah to dance with you," Elijah whispers in your ear, "And enjoy herself. When the dance is over, get her to go upstairs with you, third door on the right. And that if this fails, it's not his fault."

 You nod in thanks, and go to find Rebekah.

~~~~~~

 "Where are we going?" Rebekah asks as you pretty much pull her down the hall. "I don't know what you're all excited about, but it better be something good. If it's bad, or something my brothers did-"

 She stops, because you have opened the third door on the right. Inside, hung up on the walls, are the sheets Klaus gave you to paint on. They go around the room, reading, 'I love you, Rebekah', and at the end a heart, with your initials painted into it. 

 You watch nervously as Rebekah stands in the middle of the room, circling around to read it over and over again. You see a look of emotion come onto her face, but you're sure what it means. Then she smiles and chuckles.

 "Well, no one's ever painted me a mural to tell me before," she says. "You couldn't say it out loud, so you painted it. And those are definitely Nik's painting supplies, so I know he must have had something to do with this, which I never would have thought." She walks over to the heart and runs her fingers over it. "It's beautiful." She turns back to you and hugs you tight. "Thank you, Y/N."

 You wish you could say, "You're welcome", but you decide a warm hug back should be good enough for now.