Elena Gilbert #1

You haven't been able to stand seeing your friend Elena so sad. Stefan Salvatore, her vampire boyfriend, went off with Klaus Mikaelson, the guy who tried kill her with that ritual nonsense. She's been desperate to find Stefan and bring him home, but you couldn't care less about him. All you care about is Elena.

 You think Elena would probably be better off without Stefan, anyway. Ever since he came to Mystic Falls, everything has been turned upside down, and you certainly don't like the way his insane brother Damon looks at Elena. Of course, you also have to consider the fact that you feel jealous of both Salvatore brothers for taking up Elena's attention.

 When Elena asks you to help her in tracking down Stefan, you really want to say 'no'. Why would you want him back? All he has been is a thorn in your side from the beginning.

 "Look, Y/N," Elena says, "I know you've never really liked Stefan. But I love him, and I have to save him. So, will you please help me?"

 You look into her pleading eyes, and you know there is no way you can say 'no' to her.

 "All right," you reply, "Fine. I'll help you and Damon in finding Stefan."

 She smiles and hugs you. "Thank you, Y/N. I knew I could count on you."

 You hug her back. You may never get to be together, but you could at least be there for her. It would have to be enough.