Mikael #1

You stare at the bodies on the ground, the vampires you just helped to kill.

 "Well done," Mikael says to you. "You've caught on rather quickly. I'll get rid of them. You should get back to the inn, wash that blood off."

 You nod and quickly walk away. Although it's been awhile, the sight of blood and the feeling of it on your hands still bothers you.

~~~~~~

 You've just cleaned yourself up, but Mikael still hasn't returned yet. You look at the maps he has spread out on the little table. He has been at the same task for centuries, and still hasn't reached his goal. You wonder if his plans are even worth all of this.

 The door opens, and Mikael steps into the room. He stops for a quick moment and stares at you, as if surprised to see you there. Then he sighs and looks away. "It hasn't been very long; I'm not used to having someone around. I'm used to be-travelling alone."

 It sounded as if he were going to say he was used to being alone, but you aren't going to push the subject.

 "Have you gotten any clues?" you ask. "Do you know where they might be?"

 He sighed again. "Nothing. It has been a century since there was last any sign of them, and now there's nothing at all. I must be doing something wrong, looking in all the wrong places."

 "Then we can try somewhere else," you say. "You'll find them."

 "No, I think it's 'we' now," he says. "I think I'm happy you're here, Y/N. It's actually nice to have a friend."

 You give him a smile. It's nice to think the two of you are friends.