Finn Mikaelson #2 (sequel to #1)

After that meeting at the library, you saw Finn around town a couple of times from a distance, but never got a chance to speak to him. You'd like to talk to him again, you think. He actually seemed nice. 

 One evening, you happen to be leaving the Mystic Grill after meeting with a friend. You saw people up ahead of you, but don't pay them much attention until you hear their conversation.

 "See, Finn? You don't have to be such a stick in the mud."

 "Oh, leave him be, Kol. Just because he isn't as wild as you-"

 "Rebekah, please. Kol, she is right."

 You step closer, and see none other than Finn. Covered in blood. You gasp, and five pairs of eyes turn to look at you.

 "Y/N." Finn is obviously surprised to see you. "I-"

 "Who is this, Finn?" the one called Kol asked. "Some boring friend of yours, I'm guessing." 

 Not knowing what else to do, you turn and run. You hear Finn call you, but you keep running.

~~~~~~

 You barely sleep that night, putting it all together. Finn thought it was ridiculous that vampires are romanticized in the way they are, and was so serious about it. It was like he thought vampires actually existed. And then you see him outside the Mystic Grill, at night, covered in blood.

 If he is a vampire, it would make sense, you think. It would explain his behavior in the library. But it would also mean the vampires you have read about actually exist.

~~~~~~

 You go to the library again the next morning, and find yourself drifting towards the horror books again.

 "Y/N?"

 You turn around. "Hi, Finn. You're back, huh?"

 He nods. "I was hoping to find you here. I wanted to explain last night."

 "You don't have to explain anything," you say. "I already figured out: you're a vampire. Who were those people you were with? Your vamp friends?"

 "God, no. Those are my brothers and sister. Elijah talked me into joining them, something about 'sibling bonding'. Kol goaded me into feeding. I loathe feeding off of people, and animals. I drink from blood bags. It doesn't hurt anybody."

 "So it is true."

 He nods again. "Unfortunately so. It's not a life I'm not fond of. It's disturbing to my siblings. They seem to think I'm suicidal."

 "Are you?"

 "No, but why else would they have kept me daggered in a coffin for nine hundred years?"

 "Nine hundred years?" you repeat.

 "Yes. That's, um, a old family issue. You know, I don't think this is a good place to have a conversation like this. I know we're not friends or anything, but would like to meet up sometime? I won't serve any blood, and I promise we'll be far away from my siblings." 

 It's probably not a good idea, you think, to get involved in vampire business, and that's if the man isn't just a lunatic.

 "Okay," you say. "Let's meet up sometime. But I just found out vampires are real, so give me some space for a few days, okay? I think I would to get to know your personality, besides the vampirism. You can show me if real vampires can be romantic like storybook ones."

 He smiles a little. "I doubt that, but I can try being a friend. I could use one to keep me company. I'll see you in a few days, Y/N."

 You watch him go, wondering what you're getting yourself into.