Tristan de Martel #2

By time you've tracked Tristan de Martel to New Orleans, it has been centuries since the last time you saw him. You weren't quite sure why, but you had always felt an attraction to him. You couldn't think of any good things he had done, but the two of you always liked each other. That's why you're looking for him, to rekindle that bond you once had.

~~~~~~

 The Strix house looks quiet, almost deserted as you approach it. But this is where Tristan is supposed to be, so this is where you're going to look.

 You march up to the front door and knock as loudly as you can. After a moment, one of the Strix lackeys answers the door.

 "My name is Y/F/N Y/L/N," you say. "I am looking for Tristan de Martel. Just tell him who I am, and I'm sure he'll let me in."

 You wait on the front step until the guard opens the door again and lets you in. You are led to a lavishly put together parlor, where Tristan himself is waiting for you. He stares at you for a few seconds, as if stunned by your presence. Then he says to the guard, "Leave us."

 "Hello, Tristan," you say, smiling at him. "Been a long time, hasn't it?"

 He nods. "Wh-where have you been all these years, Y/N?"

 "Oh, quite a few places. I would hear things about the Strix, but I eventually lost track of you yourself. So I suppose I should be asking where you have been."

 "Running an organization," he says. "Being in charge of the Strix isn't easy, you know."

 You nod. "I know. It seems you've been doing a good job of it."

 He smiles at that. "I suppose I am," he says modestly. "Better than Elijah Mikaelson."

 You scoff. "Mikaelsons. They're nowhere near as great as they think they are, are they?"

 "Certainly not. But to change the subject, I'm happy you decided to blow into New Orleans, Y/N. Very happy. Another person on my side. If you still like me, that is."

 "Would I have hunted you this far if I hadn't?" you ask. "What are you up to, Tristan?"

 "What I'm up to," he says, "Is a rather complicated matter. But it is something we could discuss over dinner," he adds.

 "Tristan de Martel, are you trying to ask me to dinner?" you ask, a smile creeping across your face.

 "I suppose I am," he says. "What do you say?"

 "I say let's, of course," you answer. "Let's catch up and get to know each other again."

 He smiles. "That, I like the sound of."