The Mikaelsons React: Hogwarts Houses

For the 50th part of this book, I decided I wanted to do something a little special: find out what Hogwarts houses the Mikaelsons would be in.

Klaus: What is a Hogwarts, and why are we involved?

You're kidding me, right? None of you have ever read Harry Potter?

Finn: Who's Harry Potter?

Elijah: I read the first book once. I didn't read the rest of them, though. But I think I remember what the houses were.

Klaus: Then would you care to enlighten us.

You uncultured lunatics.

So, there are fours houses: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Gryffindors are known for being courageous and daring, yet sometimes reckless. Ravenclaws are known for their intelligence and creativeness. Hufflepuffs are usually hard-working, patient, and loyal. Slytherins are generally known for being cunning, resourceful, and ambitious.

Since I wasn't going to make a bunch of accounts on Pottermore just to see what houses everyone would be in, I found some great quizzes on Quibblo and Quotev.

Rebekah: So everyone else gets the real thing, and we get some cheap knockoff?

Maybe we should just get on with it. I did five rounds of quizzing for everyone, just to see what kind of results I would get. I did my best to give answers to fit everyone's personalities. The only Mikaelsons I didn't add were Hope and Henrik, because Hope was still really little where the show last left off, and we don't really know much about the kind of kid Henrik was.

Round 1

Klaus: Slytherin (I already had that one figured out)
Elijah: Ravenclaw
Rebekah: Slytherin
Kol: Gryffindor
Finn: Ravenclaw
Freya: Hufflepuff
Esther: Ravenclaw
Mikael: Slytherin

Kol: Figures that Elijah and Finn would get put with the nerds.

Elijah: I am not a nerd.

Klaus: But what does this mean?

Well, Slytherins have a reputation for being a bunch of jerks, but they're not all that bad.

Finn: I can see why Klaus would get put there, then.

Rebekah: Well, why I am stuck with the jerks?

Freya: Are Hufflepuffs nice?

I'd say yes. I think they're a little underrated, though, because Harry Potter and most of his friends were in Gryffindor.

Kol: Ha-ha! See that, Finn? I am worth something good after all! I'm with the heroes while you're stuck with Elijah and the rest of the nerds.

Finn: (rolls eyes) Spare me your dramatics.

Round 2

Klaus: Slytherin
Elijah: Hufflepuff
Rebekah: Ravenclaw
Kol: Gryffindor
Finn: Ravenclaw
Freya: Hufflepuff
Esther: Gryffindor
Mikael: Slytherin

Freya: Hey, Elijah, now you and I can be together.

Mikael: Wait a minute. Why am I stuck in a group with Klaus and all the jerks?

Dude, Klaus said once on the show that you were the monsters that monsters were afraid of.

Mikael: And we're just going to believe that because Klaus said it?

Well, is it true?

Mikael: ...maybe.

Round 3

Klaus: Slytherin
Elijah: Hufflepuff
Rebekah: Gryffindor
Kol: Gryffindor
Finn: Hufflepuff
Freya: Slytherin
Esther: Slytherin
Mikael: Slytherin

Rebekah: First I was with the jerks, then the nerds, now I'm with the Kol and the rest of reckless bunch?

Freya: Now I'm stuck with Klaus.

Kol: But I'm still with the heroes.

Esther: Mine's changed every time.

Mikael: I still don't think it's fair I've been grouped in the same class as Klaus.

Round 4

Klaus: Gryffindor
Elijah: Ravenclaw
Rebekah: Gryffindor
Kol: Slytherin
Finn: Ravenclaw
Freya: Ravenclaw
Esther: Raveclaw
Mikael: Gryffindor

Kol: Hey, what happened to me being with the heroes?

Klaus: Now I'm with the reckless bunch. I don't understand.

Mikael: Well, I've finally got a different result.

Finn: But you're still in a house with Klaus.

Mikael: I. Hate. This.

Freya: Now I'm with the nerds for a change.

Round 5

Klaus: Slytherin
Elijah: Gryffindor
Rebekah: Slytherin
Kol: Slytherin
Finn: Slytherin
Freya: Hufflepuff
Esther: Ravenclaw
Mikael: Ravenclaw

Rebekah: Great. Now I'm with Klaus, Kol, and Finn, plus a bunch of other jerks.

Klaus: What have I done?

Finn: What haven't you done?

Kol: Well, I got the heroes more than the jerks. This time Mother and Father are both grouped in with the nerds.

Mikael: I'm not grouped in with Klaus this time, so I don't care what a nerd is, but I know it has to be something insulting.

I did one extra one each for Elijah and Rebekah because I wasn't too sure about them. Elijah got Hufflepuff and Rebekah got Slytherin.

So here are my conclusions:

Mikael: Slytherin
Esther: Ravenclaw
Freya: Hufflepuff
Finn: Ravenclaw
Elijah: Hufflepuff
Klaus: Slytherin
Kol: Gryffindor
Rebekah: Slytherin

Kol: Yes! I'm with the heroes and Finn's stuck with the nerds!

Finn: Since I'm a Ravenclaw, I am intelligent and creative. You are daring and reckless. So I would say Mother and I got the better deal.

Mikael: I refuse to be in the same house as Klaus!

Klaus: I never asked to be in the same house as you.

Esther: Oh, Mikael, you're being ridiculous.

Mikael: You don't have anything to complain. You were usually grouped in with our normal children.

Freya: Hufflepuff's good, right?

Elijah: Well, you and I would be together, so I would say yes.

Yeah, whoever is in the same house together would have the same common room. The Gryffindors and Ravenclaws both had towers on opposite sides of the castle, the Hufflepuffs were near the library, and the Slytherins were in the dungeons.

Kol: Figures Klaus is in the dungeon.

Freya: Elijah, we would be right next to the library! 

Mikael: Now I have to share living quarters with him? This is completely unfair, and I protest against all of it! What is this Hogwarts, anyway?

Elijah: It's the school for witches and wizards in the Harry Potter books.

Esther: But Freya and I are already witches.

Mikael: It's in a book? It's not even real? What's the point of this, then?

Klaus: I think I'm going to read these books and see what's so great about this Harry Potter person.

My other conclusion: If the Mikaelsons were a wizard family instead of a vampire family, they'd be just as scary.

_________

I still plan on making a 'Mikaelsons React' session with crossovers ships. I know of five so far, and I mean to see if I can find any more, but if anyone knows any, I might be able to add those in as well.

I was going to do a 'Mikaelsons React' with musical movies like I did with vampires movies, but I don't know when I'm going to get around to that. The Mikaelsons don't seem like the type to have family movie night.