She's Gone (Sort of Kalijah)

"Katerina...is dead?" Elijah said, looking dumbfounded at his brother's smirking face.

 "Oh, yes. It was a wonderful time in Mystic Falls. Something to cheer things up, you could say." Klaus noted the look on his brother's face. "Now, brother, there's no need to look so sour. I thought you found a way a move on from Katherine Pierce."

 "I-I have moved on," he said. "I just...was not expecting this."

 "Well, it isn't so horrible a thing, now, is it? No Katherine Pierce, perhaps a better world." 

 A lot of people have said that about you, Elijah thought.

 "Yes, perhaps the world will be a little better now," he said. "Do excuse me, Niklaus. I believe I need some time alone."

 Elijah went for a long walk through New Orleans. There was a slight chance he was safe, given how many feared the name Klaus Mikaelson. The very thought of Klaus could make even him nervous.

 Katerina Petrova was a good person once. The world had brought her very little luck or fortune. Elijah normally would not have fallen in love with someone his brother hated, but his Katerina had been too wonderful to resist. But in the end, he knew it couldn't be.

 And now she was gone. He didn't even want to know how she died. It would too painful to hear.

 He took time to grieve for her loss. Perhaps Klaus was right. Perhaps the world would be a better place without her.

 But Elijah did not think so.

~~~~~~

 For my favorite doppelganger and one of my favorite Mikaelsons.

 I still miss Katherine.