Esther Mikaelson #1

Living near the Mikaelsons was not a comforting thought, being who they were. But you did strike up a friendship with Finn, the eldest brother, who seemed normal enough considering what you had heard about the family. You guys have hung out together, but he's never taken you to the Mikaelson house.

 "Believe me when I say anyone is better off away from there," he told you once. 

 Which was why you are surprised when today he tells you he wants you to meet his mother.

 "We won't have much to worry about," he says. "I don't think my siblings are at home at the moment, so that is one problem dealt with. My mother would gladly welcome the company of a fellow witch."

 You let him drive you out to the Mikaelson house, which you realize is actually a mansion.

 "You didn't tell me you practically live in a castle," you say to Finn. 

 He shrugs. "I suppose we would need a castle to fit all of us. And it does help me put some distance between myself and my brothers."

 You walk with him around to a back deck. You see a blond woman sitting at a small table. She looks up from her book when she hears you coming.

 "Is this a friend of yours, Finn?" she asks, giving you a dazzling smile.

 "Yes, this is Y/F/N Y/L/N, a witch who lives nearby. Y/N, my mother. Y/N? Are you all right?"

 You blink, and realize you have been staring. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Um, it's nice to meet you, Mrs. Mikaelson. From what Finn's told me, you're his only civilized relative."

 "Well, I suppose that's kind of him," she says, still smiling. "It's so nice to meet a fellow witch. Do join me, won't you?"

 You gladly sit down and begin to chat.