Katherine Pierce #3

1748

 You have been finding this ball to be extremely boring. You've spoken very little, finding everyone your parents introduce you to boring themselves. You truly, honestly wish you didn't have to be here, but your parents aren't giving you much of a choice in the matter. 

 And then something makes you look towards the doorway of the ballroom. And that's when you see her.

 She is, no doubt, the most beautiful woman you have ever laid eyes on. She wears a simple gown the color of sapphires, brown curls in a bun on top of her head. You watch as she scans the room with a pair of mysterious-and perhaps slightly devious-eyes.

 When she turns in your direction, your eyes lock. She stares at you, and you stare back at her. She smiles at you, and begins to walk in your direction. Feeling a pull, you begin to walk towards her, and the two of you meet halfway.

 "Good evening," she says, the first one to speak. "My name is Katherine Pierce."

 "Welcome, Miss Pierce," you say formally. "I am Y/F/N Y/L/N. I am happy to welcome you on behalf of my parents."

 "Thank you, Ms./Mr. Y/L/N. I am very happy to be here, and very happy to meet you."

 You both stand there smiling, and you're not sure what you should do. You would like to just stare at her all night. She is absolutely beautiful.

 "Would you care to take a turn around the room?" she asks. "I would be happy to speak with you more."

 You nod. "Yes. I would like that, as well."

 You go on to ordinary chit-chat, and then you begin to tell her a little about yourself and your life. But she does not speak about herself at all. That only makes you wonder about her even more than you already are.

 "I believe your parents are looking for you," she says at one point. "That is them, is it not?" 

 You turn to see your parents coming towards you. You want to introduce them to Miss Pierce, but when you turn back to her, she is gone.

~~~~~~

 You don't see her again for the rest of the night. How she vanished from your side so suddenly both confuses you and frustrates you.

 When you wake up the next morning, you see a note lying on your bedside table that you know was not there the night before.

 I will return.

                        K.P.