An Incident Possibly Worth Forgetting (Trucien)

Tristan de Martel and Lucien Castle were both angry and annoyed with each other that day, both of which I am sorry to say were not unusual for them. They made no secret of the fact that they didn't like each other, and the mutual dislike made it increasingly difficult for them to work together.

 "How are we supposed to take down the Mikaelsons together if you're going to make me feel like I can't trust you?" Tristan demanded.

 "I don't have to make you feel that way," Lucien said. "You already feel that way."

 "Oh, of course, just put all of the blame on me. I suppose when our mission fails because you refused to cooperate I suppose you'll just put the blame for that on me, too."

 Lucien gave an exasperated sigh. "Why must you complain about everything, Tristan? We'll defeat the Mikaelsons, get our revenge, and everything will be fine. Just have a little more faith, would you?"

 "'A little more faith'?" Tristan repeated in an outraged tone. "In the time we have been in this wretched city, how many actual victories have we had? None. Forgive me if I'm concerned."

 "All right, I'll forgive you this one time. But if you'd just shut up and let me think, perhaps I could come up with a solution."

 "You, come up with the solution? Who is in charge of this conspiracy? Who has been the one to gather our resources, an army, preparing the Strix for possible war?" Tristan jabbed a finger to his chest. "Me. I don't see why you should be the one to come up with the plan."

 "All right." Lucien got up from his chair. "Look here, Mr. High-and-Mighty. I have just as much reason to want this as you do. What the Mikaelsons did to you, they did to me. So don't act like I'm inferior to you when my motives are exactly the same as yours."

 "Well, I didn't say you're inferior," Tristan said.

 "Oh, yes, you did," Lucien said, pointing an accusing finger at him. "You think that because you were born into nobility and I wasn't, that makes you superior. You probably think you're superior than the Mikaelsons too, since they just a bunch of kids in a village in the middle of nowhere before they became the Originals."

 "I think you misinterpret me," Tristan said calmly. "While it's true I hate the Mikaelsons, and I'm not particularly fond of you, I don't actually believe I'm superior. I was born into nobility; I was meant to be the next Count de Martel. I was taught to act and think a certain way. It's just what everyone always seems to expect of me."

 "Of course, of course," Lucien said. "That must be why you tortured me down in the dungeons when you thought I was Aurora's secret lover."

 "That's it." Tristan pushed Lucien so that he was laying on his back on Tristan's desk. "You know, you can be so stubborn when you want to be, Castle. But I think I like it."

 "What is this?" Lucien asked as Tristan stared down at him.

 "You surprise me sometimes with your behavior, Lucien," Tristan said, leaning down. "But today is my turn to surprise you." And he kissed Lucien right on the lips. 

 Lucien meant to push Tristan off of him and run as fast as he could, but he was too stunned to move. And there was something about this kiss that he actually liked.

 "I have a bedroom nearby, you know," Tristan murmured.

 "And why would I go in there with you?" Lucien asked.

 "Because your mind is just as twisted as mine. And something in your twisted mind is telling you that you want this. Mine's saying the exact same thing."

~~~~~~

 Lucien walked home in something of a trance, the afternoon's event playing over and over again in his mind. Why had he ever done it? What could possibly prompt him to get into bed with Tristan de Martel? Unless Tristan was right about his twisted mind.

 As he was leaving, Tristan had asked that he not share what they discussed and...were doing together with anyone else, just in case someone got the wrong idea.

 As if Lucien would actually want someone to know about this.