Mikaelson Family Imagine

Being friends with the Mikaelsons has always meant possibly being involved in some kind of danger. You're not all that surprised when a fight breaks out at the compound one day. But this is bad, worse than the Mikaeslons' usual sibling squabbles.

 "Who is it?" you ask Hayley.

 "Oh, you know, just some more people who want to kill us," she answers. "Y/N, Hope is upstairs. Keep an eye on her, okay?"

 You head up the stairs to where baby Hope is sound asleep in her crib, oblivious to the fact that anything is wrong. Good. Maybe if you just stay up here with her until the fight's over, the others can take of it.

 But a few of the enemies make their way up to Hope's bedroom, leaving no choice but to fight. And you do. You feel a sudden burning need to protect little Hope, so you fight with all of your strength, not realizing just how many injuries you receive. 

 "Hope?" Hayley and Klaus come up to Hope's room, and see you standing over the bodies.

 "Y/N, what happened to you?" Hayley asks.

 "It's okay," you say. "Hope's fine, and I...mm." You realize you don't feel fine. You hear both Hayley and Klaus saying your name as you collapse.

~~~~~~

 You wake up in a room at a compound feeling a little groggy, but a lot better than you did after the fight.

 "Hey, no sudden movements," Freya says. "You didn't have any fatal injuries, but those were some pretty bad cuts you got."

 "So, everyone's okay?" you ask.

 "We're all fine." Elijah is here, too. "You did well in protecting Hope, Y/N, although we were concerned you would die yourself. I believe Hayley and my brother wanted to thank you for looking after Hope. If you hadn't been there-"

 "You know what, Elijah?" you say. "Don't worry about it. Tell Klaus and Hayley they're welcome. I like Hope, and I think I would take a few more injuries to keep her safe."