Mikaelson for President?

Klaus scoffed in disgust. "Look at this, Elijah." He tossed the newspaper down on the table. "All the problems in the world today. It's ridiculous."

 "I'm sure the government will think of something," Elijah replied.

 Klaus scoffed. "The government. They don't know what they're doing. That's the problem. No one believes the government anymore." He paused, suddenly seeming to have an idea. "Say, Elijah, do you suppose I could ever run for President?"

 "That depends," Elijah replied. "I don't think murderous vampires are allowed to run for office."

 "Hybrid, Elijah, it's hybrid. And those already plenty of problems in the government. I'm sure I could get in somehow. Think about it. Klaus Mikaelson, President of the United States."

 Elijah thought about it.

 It was not a comforting thought.

 "What are guys talking about?" Hayley asked, coming into the room.

 "Niklaus thinks he should be allowed to run for President," Elijah replied.

 "I don't think evil masterminds are allowed to run for President," said Hayley.

 "Well, I'm not much of an evil mastermind anymore," Klaus protested. "I could do it."

 "You'd have to deal with all the problems the President usually has to deal with," Hayley said. "Laws, the terrorists, wars, relations with other countries."

 "Well, obviously, I'll just have to threaten everyone into not attacking us," Klaus said.

 "You would have to move away from New Orleans," Elijah pointed out. "The President lives in the White House, in Washington, D.C."

 That made Klaus think it over a little more. "Then perhaps it wouldn't be so good an idea, after all. Politics are stupid, anyway."

~~~~~~ 

 So, Klaus for President, anyone?

 I'm going to be doing some editing on some of the stories in this book. I actually already have on the first five stories, and will be making my way along.

 Upcoming stories in this book (meaning stories I've been planning to write but haven't gotten around to) are reworkings of 'The Sleeping Beauty' and 'The Twelve Dancing Princesses', a sequel to 'The Captain and the Nobleman', and I've been meaning to write a Kalijah story, but I have no plot.

 I would also like to do more interviews with the Mikaelsons, so if anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask, let me know.