Elena Gilbert #2

Being the youngest Salvatore, you're often stuck in the shadows of your older brothers, Stefan and Damon. You sometimes wish you had been an only child, even though you do love your brothers. Maybe then you wouldn't be stuck listening to their problems.

 There have been times when you've acted as something of a go-between for Stefan and Damon, whenever they're too angry to talk to each other. You're not one for making mischief, but you end up getting a wonderfully awful idea in your head.

~~~~~~ 

 "Hey, Stefan," you say, peeking through the open door. "What's up?"

 "Not much." He closes his book. "What are you up to?"

 You shrug. "Not much myself. Have you talked to Damon lately?"

 "No, not really. Why?"

 "Well, it's just a feeling I have." You pause before saying, "I think he's trying to take Elena for himself. You know, undermine you while you're unsuspecting."

 Stefan frowns. "Where did you get this idea?"

 "Well, he and I were talking, and I just got the feeling that that's what he was really trying to say. I think you should be more careful, Stefan. I don't want you to get hurt."

 He nods. "Okay. I'll keep that in mind."

 Next you find Damon in the living room with a glass of bourbon, which is perfectly ordinary.

 "What are you up to?" you ask him.

 He glances at you and sighs. "What do you want, pipsqueak?"

 "I wanted to talk to you. It has to do with Stefan. And Elena Gilbert."

 Damon perks up at the mention of Elena. "What are you talking about?"

 "I mean that something weird is definitely going on," you say. "They're both acting all weird and secret-like. And I think it has something to do with you."

 He gets up from his chair. "What are you going on about?"

 "I mean that for all we know, they could be plotting your death."

 He shakes his head. "No. They wouldn't do that."

 "Would you really put it past them, though?" you ask. "Stefan has killed in the past."

 Damon puts down his glass. "Fine. I'm going to go have a talk with our brother myself."

 After Damon is gone, you go outside to see someone coming up the walkway. Elena Gilbert, the girl you secretly love.

 "Hi, Y/N," she says. "Are Stefan and Damon here?"

 "Um, no," you say. "Not here at the moment."

 A crashing noise comes from the window of Stefan's room.

 "Are you sure?" Elena asks.

 "Yeah." You look at the window. "Oh, that. Yeah, that painting is always falling down. Drives us crazy. So, you want to maybe go for a walk?"

 She looks at the window, then back at you.

 "Yeah, sure," she says. "Let's go."

 "Wonderful." You take her arm and walk away from the boardinghouse, smiling to yourself. Your plans to have Elena to yourself are working perfectly.