Kol Mikaelson #2

Having lived in New Orleans for many years, you are perfectly aware that there is an underlying supernatural community in the city. These days, it doesn't bother you. You're actually friends with Marcel Gerard, a leader in the city.

 One evening, you meet up with him at Rousseau's, where he tells you, "The Mikaelsons are back in the city."

 "The Mikaelsons?" you repeat. "I'm not sure you've mentioned them."

 "Well, they're definitely worth mentioning. If they're here, they can cause a lot of unwanted trouble. Thing is, I don't know how to get rid of them. Cami already has a thing for Klaus-"

 "I do not," Cami says, coming out from the kitchen.  "We're just friends."

 "Yeah, for now," Marcel says. "Klaus Mikaelson is the kind of guy you have to be careful with. Any of them are the type you have be careful with."

 "Oh, really?" Cami says. "Well, what about you and Rebekah?"

 You're about to ask who Rebekah is when you hear behind you, "Ah. If it isn't Marcel and Camille, Rebekah and Nik's...love interests."

 You turn around to look at the man standing in front of the bar. He smiles at you and says, "And you have a friend. A lovely one, too. Kol Mikaelson, at your service." He takes your hands in his. "I am pleased to meet you..."

 He seems to be waiting for you to give him a name, so you say, "Y/N. Nice to meet you."

 "What are you doing here?" Marcel asks, looking at him suspiciously.

 "Obviously, I came for a drink," Kol answers. "I didn't realize this was a non-Mikaelson establishment."

 "It's not a non-Mikaelson establishment," Cami says. "You're welcome to stay for a drink if you want."

 "Excellent. I'll make myself scarce for the moment, then. Again, pleased to meet you, Y/N."

 When he walks away, Marcel says, "Please tell me you're not thinking it."

 "I'm not thinking anything," you say quickly. "So, who's Rebekah, and how are you her 'love interest'?"

 "Don't try to change the subject, Y/N. Remember what I said before about them being the type you have to be careful with? Well, that definitely applies to him."

 "Well, he can't be terrible, can he?" You look at Cami. "What do you think?"

 She shrugs. "I don't really know him, but he looks like a shady type. You want to go over there and talk to him, go ahead. Just proceed with some kind of caution."

 You look over at the table where Kol is now sitting. He's been looking at you too, and he smiles when your eyes meet. And you feel yourself smiling back.