Sage #3

You've been somewhat infatuated with Sage since the day the two of you met. There was an immediate spark between the two of you, one that you have never felt with anyone else before. Each one of you told the other your name, and you just sat talking for a long time.

 After that day, she is constantly on your mind, all the time. How this happened to you, you have no idea, but it somehow has. You keep in touch and often spend time together, doing whatever's a possibility at the moment. It doesn't matter much to you, as long as she's there.

 However, you soon begin to get a strange vibe from her. Some of the outings you've had together have felt a lot more like dates than just two friends hanging out together. You like the idea of going on actual dates with Sage and being more than friends, but she seems to feel differently. Whenever the idea of a date comes up, she always changes the subject, leaving you hanging.

 One day, you ask her, "Are you seeing someone?"

 She looks at you in a confused sort of way. "Seeing someone?"

 "As in, you're in a romantic relationship with someone." 

  "No. No, not currently," she says.

 "Well, did you recently break up with someone, then?" you ask. "Because I can't help having the feeling you're always thinking about someone else."

 "There was someone once," she says. "His was Finn. I loved him." She sighs. "But that was years ago. I don't even know where he is now."

 "So, he left you?"

 "Not exactly. It's a little more complicated than that. But the point is that there was a man once. I have...found it very difficult to move on."

 Of course there would be someone, you think. Then you ask, "Do you think moving on is a possibility for you?"

 She shrugs. "I suppose so."

 "Then let me have a try," you say, "Give me a chance. I might not be this Finn, but maybe I can prove myself."

 She shrugs. "I don't know, Y/N. I'm not if I want another love."

 "Well, I'll try, anyway," you say, leaning back in your chair. "You never know, right? I might just be able to convince you."