Mikael #5

You cautiously walk into the woods. This is the place Mikael was last seen in. You have been seeking him out for weeks, hoping he'll listen to what you have to say to him.

 "Hello?" you call softly. "Mikael? Are you here?"

 You hear a rustling from a nearby, and wonder if it's him.

 "I just want to talk to you," you say. "It's about your son. Klaus."

 The rustling abruptly stops, and there's silence.

 "What do you know about him?" you hear.

 You look up, and see a man sitting on a tree branch not far above you.

 "Well?" he presses. "You wished to speak to me about...him?"

 "Are you Mikael?" you ask. 

 He sighs. "Of course I'm Mikael. Now, what is it you came to tell me?" 

 You take a breath. "Sir, I came here to offer you my services. I will do anything I can to help you destroy Niklaus Mikaelson."

 You wait for a reply, but he just stares at you, apparently surprised.

 "What do you think this is?" he asked, climbing down to the ground. "Do you know who I am, the things I do, how dangerous I am?"

 You nod. "Yes, I-"

 "Well, you don't if you wish to join me," he says. "But...I will listen to you. Why do you want to help me?"

 "Because he ruined my life," you answer. "I lost my family and my home, people I loved, because of him. I want him to die. That's why I came here, to you. If anyone can help me with my revenge, it is you."

 He listens quietly as you speak, and then looks away from you.

 "This is certainly not something I have been offered before," he says. "What's you name?"

 "Y/N."

 "Well, Y/N, I don't know how this will sound, but are you afraid of me? At all?"

 You hesitate before saying, "A little bit, yes."

 He sighs. "Everyone does. But I have given them plenty of reason to. Now, if I were smart and unselfish, I would send you away now, or at least kill you to put you out of the current misery you're in. But I don't think I'm either of those things. What can you do, Y/N?"

 "I know how to fight."

 "Do you know how to kill a vampire?"

 "Of course I do."

 "But there is a certain way to kill an Original, you know."

 "No, I didn't know," you say.

 "Then you're not very prepared, are you? Lucky for you, I could use company instead of talking to myself. Come on, Y/N."

 "Where are you going?" you ask.

 "I am going to teach you a little about killing vampires," he answers, "And hopefully knock some sense into that head of yours."