Nadia Petrova #1

You sit waiting in the car for a while before Nadia climbs back into the passenger seat.

 "Let's go to the nearest highway," she says. "I want to get out of here."

 You turn the engine back on and drive away. You know it's probably not a good idea to ask about any of Nadia's investigations, but you do ask, "Where are we going?"

 "I'll decide once we're on the road."

 You keep driving as Nadia stares out of the window. You know she has to be thinking about her mother. She's been trying to find this Katherine Pierce for so long, you've begun to wonder if the woman is even real.

 "Did you find anything?" you ask her. "Anything at all?"

 She sighs. "No. I didn't. I thought I had a lead, but it turned out to be nothing."

 "Well, it sounds like the woman is good at covering her tracks. Do you have any idea where she could be now?" 

 She shakes her head. "No. I have no idea where my mother is, and how I can find her." She sighs again. "It's so frustrating, Y/N. I hate not being able to find her, not being able to actually meet her. I want to so much."

 It hurts you to see her this upset, but you're not sure what to say to comfort her.

 "What about a big city?" you ask. "If it's a city with a lot of people, she could blend in, make herself anonymous. Maybe that's where we should look next." 

 Nadia nods her head. "I suppose you do have a point. Let's go to the nearest city, then. It can't be any worse than my false leads."

 You reach over to gently touch her shoulder, still keeping your eyes focused on the road. "We'll find your mother, Nadia," you say. "One way or another, we'll track her down eventually." 

 She glances over at you with a small smile. "Thank you, Y/N. Your belief in my tracking skills helps me keep faith."