Hayley Marshall #6

Even though she is the mother of your brother Klaus' daughter and was the subject of your other brother Elijah's affections for a long time, you can't help getting the feeling that Hayley Marshall likes you.

 Being the youngest Mikaelson, it's always been hard getting attention. That's why it seems weird when Hayley begins paying you more attention. Whenever you talk, she always seems to listen with the deepest interest. Sometimes she barely even pays attention to the others when you're around. And then there's the way she touches you. If she ever pats you on the shoulder or touches your forearm, she always seems to linger longer than necessary. These sort of things happen often enough that, eventually, you come to the conclusion that Hayley must have a crush on you.

~~~~~~

 One afternoon, you and Elijah are both in the living room reading. It's a perfectly ordinary setting until you hear the sound of Klaus and Hayley arguing again.

 "Did you really no one would notice?" Klaus is asking. "The way that you're acting towards Y/N is frankly a little disturbing, you know. I want to know why you insist on this behavior."

 "Well, did you ever think that maybe I just like Y/N?" Hayley shoots back. "I know liking people is mostly a foreign concept for you, but I do like Y/N."

 "Then why didn't you just say so? For God's sake, Hayley, you don't have to behave in such a disturbing way because you like someone."

 "They're talking about me, aren't they?" you ask Elijah.

 He nods. "It seems so."

 Klaus and Hayley are approaching the living room now, and Hayley says, "Fine. I'll prove it to you if I have to. Hey, Y/N!" she calls.

 You close your book and look up at her. "Yes?"

 "Do you like me?" she asks.

 "Um, yeah, I guess. I mean, yes. Yes, I do."

 She smiles. "Great, because I like you to. So, how would you like to go out on a date with me Friday night?"

 You stare at her. "Uh...yeah. Sure."

 "Great." She looks at Klaus. "You convinced yet." 

 Klaus just scowls and walks away. Hayley gives you another smile and walks away in the opposite direction.

 You look Elijah. "What just happened?"

 He shrugs. "I believe it might be better that I don't know."