Marcel Gerard #1

You walk into Rousseau's, and see your friend Marcel is already here, waiting for you.

 "Hey, there," you say when you head over. "Thanks for meeting me."

 He smiles at you. "For you, Y/N, I always have time. I already asked Josh for a couple of drinks. So, what's up?"

 "I just wanted to catch up," you say. "I don't see much of you anymore. You know, being King of the Quarter and all. How's that going, by the way?"

 He shrugs. "Tricky, as usual. Nothing I can't handle. But what's going on with you? You look happier today. Is it the sunshine? Pretty good after those rainy we had, isn't it?"

 "Oh, definitely," you agree. "But that's not it." You lean in and say, "I think I'm love. I'm seeing someone, and he's great."

 Marcel's smile seems to falter a little. "You're...dating someone?"

 "Mm-hmm." You take a sip of your drink. "I love hanging out with him He's like a perfect gentleman, seriously."

 "Right. Do I want to know who this guy is?" 

 "Well, that's just it," you say. "It's Elijah Mikaelson."

 Marcel's smile has completely disappeared now. "You and Elijah? I didn't think he was your kind of guy."

 "Honestly, I didn't think so, either. But it turns out he makes for a good boyfriend. Oh, come on, Marcel, don't look at me like that."

 "Are you happy dating him?" he asks.

 "Yes, I am."

 "And being around him makes you happy?"

 "Yes, it definitely does."

 He sighs. "All right. If you insist you're happy and he's treating you good, I won't worry. Too much. You know I'm gonna worry a little bit."

 You smile. "I know. That's why I love having you for a friend."

 He nods. "Right. Friends. Yeah, I guess that is a good thing." He picks up his glass. "To your newfound romance, I guess."

 "I'll drink to that." You clink glasses. You figured Marcel wouldn't like the idea of you dating Elijah, but he looks almost sad when you toast.