The Night Visit

This one is something of a sequel to an earlier story in this book, 'The Encounter in the Woods'. I guess you don't have to read that one first, but this might seem a bit confusing at first if you haven't.

 Rebekah Mikaelson couldn't concentrate on anything. Not after what had happened the day before. Who was Carmilla? Why was she interested in Rebekah? 

 Why did Rebekah feel the need to constantly think about this woman?

 She had tried not to think about her. She disappeared after Klaus attacked her. She wouldn't come back.

 Would she?

~~~~~~

 In her sleep that night, Rebekah heard Carmilla's voice calling her name. "Wake up, Rebekah. I want to see your eyes." 

 Obliging, Rebekah opened her eyes to see Carmilla sitting on the edge of her bed.

 "You're here!" Rebekah quickly sat up. "It's really-"

 "We meet again, Rebekah Mikaelson." Carmilla gave her a charming smile.

 "What-what are you doing here? If my brothers-"

 "Klaus and the other one have no idea that I am in here now." She reached her hand out and began to run her fingers through Rebekah's hair. "It is only me and you, my sweet."

 "You haven't told me why you're here," Rebekah said, attempting to keep her voice neutral.

 "I came here for you, Rebekah. I have always had a weakness for pretty girls, you see. But those girls were weak. You are strong. I am finding myself drawn to you. For several days now, I have been watching this house, watching you."

 Rebekah couldn't help smiling a little. "Strange, that. Usually women are attracted to Nik, not me."

 Carmilla smiled back. "I am not those women. I assure you, I am very different. Would you ever consider leaving with me, Rebekah? I can make you happy, happier than you are here. I have seen the way Klaus treats you. He is cruel." She continued to run her hands through Rebekah's hair. "But I will care for you. You will never have to be afraid."

 "Do you promise?" Rebekah asked. "I do love Nik, and leaving Elijah behind would be difficult."

 "I swear it." Carmilla pulled Rebekah into a kiss. Rebekah kissed her back, wanting more every second.

~~~~~~

 "Niklaus, do you have the feeling something's wrong?"

 "On the contrary, Elijah, everything seems perfectly well to me."

 "Are you sure? I just-"

 "Oh, you worry too much, brother. Nothing is wrong."

 "Says you. I have a feeling. I think I'll go upstairs, see how Rebekah is."

~~~~~~

 Elijah stood outside Rebekah's room. He was about to knock when he heard the rustling of sheets and Rebekah moaning. Had Rebekah taken another lover? She hadn't said a word about it.

 He knocked softly on the door. "Rebekah? Are you still awake?"

 "Forget him," he heard a female voice whisper. "Let us leave now." 

 Leave? What woman would Rebekah be leaving with?

 Elijah quickly opened the door-and received a shock.

 In bed next to Rebekah was the mysterious woman he had seen around their house. For days, he had tried to talk to her, but she always disappeared before he had a chance.

 "You're the woman," he said. "The one that's been watching us. Who are you? Did our father send you?"

 "If I knew who your father was, the answer would still be no," she replied. "I am only interested in your beautiful sister."

 "We shall see about that." Elijah pulled her up from the bed so that they were eye to eye. "Who are you? Why are you really here?"

 "I call myself Carmilla, but in my mortal life I was Mircalla, Countess Karnstein. I am here because I became infatuated with Rebekah, and I want her to leave with me, but she is very reluctant."

 "Carmilla." Elijah released her. "I have heard of a vampire named Carmilla haunting these parts. She supposedly preys on female victims with her charm. My sister will not be one of your victims. Get dressed and get out of here before Niklaus finds out you are here."

 "I will be back," Carmilla said as she pulled her dress back on. "She cannot resist me. No woman can."

 "I said leave," Elijah growled. 

 "And I will. But not for long."

 Elijah lunged for her, but she was out the window so fast he nearly fell.  He went to the window, but saw no sign of her.

 "Elijah?" Rebekah had pulled her nightgown back on, and was sitting on the bed with her legs dangling over the edge. "Is she gone?"

 "I believe so. Rebekah, yesterday you were upset about something. It was her, wasn't it?"

 "Yes, it was."

 There was a silence for what felt like forever. Elijah quietly stood staring out the window.

 "Would you have left with her?" he finally asked. "If I had not come, would I have woken tomorrow morning to find you had disappeared without a trace?"

 "No! I had not decided. I didn't even know her, Elijah. And besides, we are family. Always and forever, remember?" 

 He nodded. "Yes, of course." He kissed her gently on the top of her head. "Goodnight, Rebekah. Always and forever. Try not to get too many ideas about running away."

 "But what if she does come back?"

 "If you like, we could go somewhere else. We can convince Niklaus together."

 Rebekah nodded. "Tomorrow, then."

 After Elijah left, Rebekah stayed awake in her bed, not feeling very comfortable knowing that Carmilla was still out there somewhere, looking for more victims to succumb with her dark charms.