Lucien Castle #4

You immediately sense that someone is coming. That didn't seem right; everyone around here knows not to bother you when you're in the middle of your magic practices. Which meant it wasn't someone from around here.

 "Hello? Anyone home?" 

 You lift your hand, and hear the sounds of someone choking. You turn around to find, to your surprise and annoyance, that it's Lucien Castle.

 "Oh, not you again," you sigh. "What do you want this time?"

 "I promise, it's something worthwhile this time," he says in a strained voice.

 "And how do I know that?" you ask. "Oh, yes. I don't know, do I? You've lied to me before, Lucien."

 "Yes, I know. I know I have. Could you please stop trying to choke me?"

 "No. You've probably deserved it by now. Tell me what you want before I do something worse."

 "All right, all right. It's about the Mikaelsons."

 "The Mikaelsons? Do you really think I want to hear about them?"

 "No," he answers, "But you will want to hear this. I am formulating a plan to end them, and I'd like you to be in on it." 

 "Me?" you ask. "Why would I even care?"

 "Because after the things they've done to you, to your family, don't you want some kind of revenge? To get back at them for everything they have done?" 

 You begin to lower your hand, but only the smallest bit. "How do I know this plan will work?"

 "Well, it's not entirely concrete, since I've had to enter a business venture with Tristan."

 "Tristan de Martel? You must be very desperate."

 "I am. But I know the right places to go. Help me, Y/N, and I promise you will be doing a good deed by helping me destroy them."

 You think about it. Revenge is something you would love to have, to be able to stick it to the Mikaeslons and show them you can be just as mighty as them. But you would have to follow along with Lucien's plans, and you're not sure you can bring yourself to trust him. 

 You release him and ask, "What is it I would have to do?"

 He smiles. "I'm so glad you asked."