Am I Confusing You? (Klena)

She wasn't sure how, but somehow Elena Gilbert had gained the love of both Salvatore brothers. The problem was that she become affectionate towards them both, and didn't know who to choose, Stefan or Damon. It would probably be best if she choose neither, but she wanted at least one of them in her life badly.

 Elena walked home alone from school alone that day. She needed time to herself, to think about what she wanted. What she wanted was Stefan and Damon, even though she knew she couldn't have both.

 "Deep in thought, Ms. Gilbert?" she heard as someone fell into step beside her.

 "What do you want, Klaus?" she asked, staring straight ahead.

 "I merely find it strange," he said, "That you're walking home alone. I thought your friends were so desperate to protect you from the darkness known as me."

 "I can walk home alone if I want to," she said, "And I would appreciate it if you would go away. Unless you're gonna try to kill me again."

 "Oh, believe me, if I wanted to kill you, you would be dead. I just thought I would say hello, see how you're getting on. How's Stefan?"

 "He's fine," Elena said. "Why do you even care?"

 "Well, I can be cold and heartless, but I'm not as cold and heartless as everyone thinks I am, including you. I can care when I feel like caring. And I'm observant enough to notice the tension between you and the Salvatore brothers. What, no response? Let me guess: they're both so enamored by your beauty and goodwill, and you so enamored with them that you're all wrapped up in a hopeless, doomed love triangle. What a pity."

 "Would you just shut up already?" Elena snapped. "You don't even know anything about it."

 "I beg to differ," Klaus said. "I know plenty about you and about the Salvatores. Though you've had many rough times in your life, no doubt, I do believe you're a good young woman. Stefan and Damon Salvatore are barely even adults, fighting with each other everywhere they go. They can't even get out their own family drama."

 "And you don't know anything about family drama?" Elena asked. 

 He paused. "Well, you have me there. What I mean is that they probably aren't good enough for you. What you need," he leaned closer, "Is a real man."

 Elena jumped when she heard his voice so close to her ear. "Do you have any idea what a creep you are?"

 "I'm sorry. Am I confusing you on your feelings? Oh, look, here's your house now. I suppose this is where I will say goodbye until the next time we see each other."

 "Hopefully, it won't be too soon."

 Elena hurried into the house and up the stairs to her room. She looked out the window to see Klaus still standing on the sidewalk. His gaze was on the house, and seemed to be going from window to window. When he looked to her window, she got out of sight, but could still as Klaus smiled up at her window and walked away down the street.