Rebekah Mikaelson #4

You love your girlfriend Rebekah, but you can't help noticing her attitudes. It's quite obvious, really. She tends to get very over-emotional and is always looking for ways to get attention.

 One day you decide to talk to her about it. You're not really sure how to put it, but you manage to get the words out. She looks up at you from her book with a mixture of surprise and something you think could be hurt.

 "What are you trying to say about me?" she asks you.

 "What I am trying to say is that your attitudes are ridiculous," you reply. "There is no reason for you to act like that, and it doesn't make you look good in any way at all."

 She puts down her book and stands up. "So, what are you really saying, then? You love me, but you can't handle the fact that I have emotions and feelings?"

 "No, Rebekah, that's not what I'm saying. There have been plenty of times when you've acted completely ridiculous, and you know it."

 "Oh, so I suppose I should be more like you, then? Little Mr. Perfect, who is always so careful and secret with his emotions, never bothering to share his real feelings about anything. If I embarrass you that much, you should have just said so."

 You're taken aback by this accusation. "Is that you really think I'm like? Some kind of robot?"

 "Well, why not?" she cries. "It's how you always are! At least I'm open about my feelings. I don't know if you even have any."

 "Stop it, Rebekah," you say through gritted teeth. "None of this is what I meant."

 "You're telling me to stop now? You're the one who started this! If you can't accept that it's part of my personality-" 

 "Rebekah, stop." You grab her by the wrist and look into her eyes. "This is what I mean. When you act like this. Every time I see you, you're always trying to get everyone's attention, and you act completely ridiculous. And now I came here to talk to you about it, and you're acting like I've done something wrong!"

 "Let go of me, Y/N," she says in a soft, quavering voice, "And do it now."

 Surprised at her tone, you let go of her wrist, and she turns away from you. You realize you must have gone too far somehow.

 "Rebekah-"

 "Don't." She holds her hand up. "I'm thinking. You may have a point, but I don't appreciate your attitude about it. You could have been nicer about it."

 "I know that now." You gently place your hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Rebekah. You and I, we don't have the same ways of expressing our emotions. I guess we just think differently." 

 She nods. "Yeah. I guess so." She turns around again, and there seems to be a hint of tears in her eyes. "Do not do this again, Y/N."

 "I won't." You kiss her on the cheek and wipe the tear threatening to fall down her face. "I promise I'll work on my communication skills."

 "Please do," she says. "You're going to be making this up to me for at least a week."