Davina Claire #5

You and Davina are friends, and you love hanging out with her. You know you like her a lot, and sometimes wonder how much she actually likes you.

 But something changes when you're hanging out together one day. You make a few jokes, trying to make her laugh, but one point her smile completely disappears, and she says, "What did you say?"

 She looks angry, so you start to say, "I meant-"

 That's all you get to say before you feel yourself being flung across the room. You smash against the wall and hit the floor. Sure, it would normally hurt, but you feel much more pain than you think you're supposed to feel. It must be something with Davina's magic, you think, because you hear on the phone with Freya Mikaelson.

 "I don't know what I did," she says. "Can you please just come and help him? He's obviously in pain."

 Soon, through the pain, you hear Freya's voice chanting something, and you can sit up straight.

 "Where's Davina?" you ask, looking around.

 "I think she took off. That was some pretty powerful magic, though. What happened to you, Y/N?"

 "Um, I think I got Davina mad, and she kind threw me at a wall."

 Freya looks surprised. "She threw you at a wall. And what did you do to earn that?"

 "That's just it," you say. "I don't know what I did. Davina didn't say."

~~~~~~

 For the next week, you and Davina don't speak much. She's tried apologizing for the incident a few times, but never with an explanation as to why she felt it was necessary to throw you across an entire room. You know she has trouble controlling her magic, but it kind of hurts that she would attack you without even thinking it through. 

 When she shows up your apartment about a week after that day, you're not sure if you want to talk to her.

 "I want to apologize," she says, "For real this time." She takes a deep breath. "When you made those jokes about the Mikaelsons, something in me snapped."

 "Okay. Why?"

 "Because of Kol. Even though he's gone, I guess I still care about him. We were actually in love when he was still around, and I guess I still miss him."

 You hear yourself sigh. Of course it had something to do with Kol Mikaelson.

 "But I shouldn't have taken it out on you," Davina continues, "And I'm sorry I did. I really am, Y/N."

 "All right." You hold out your arms. "Come here."

 She smiles and hugs you. You hug her back, wondering how you can get Kol Mikaelson out of her head.