Finn Mikaelson #3

You have not seen Finn Mikaelson, the man you once loved, for over 900 years. His brothers and sister kept him locked away somewhere, and you never saw him again. But when you hear that the Mikaelson siblings-all five of them-are currently residing in a small town in Virginia called Mystic Falls, you know where you have to go.

 On the day of your arrival, you hear that the Mikaelsons are hosting a ball at their home tonight. Finn would most likely be there, even though he was never fond of social gatherings. If his mother was really back from the dead, he would certainly be there at her side.

~~~~~~

 With all the guests there, you are able to blend in unnoticed. The ball is already in full swing. There are no familiar faces in the crowd, though you do see two of Finn's brothers. 

 You take to hanging around near the doorway during the festivities, watching the room. Finally, you see Finn himself, standing by the stairs with his brother Elijah. He happens to glance in your direction, and looks back again when he sees you. The two of you lock eyes, and Finn makes his way towards you.

 "Hello, Finn," you say with a smile. "It's been a long time."

 "Y/N. It certainly has. How long have you been in Mystic Falls?"

 "I just got hear today," you answer, "And heard about the ball. I wasn't sire how welcome I would actually be, given the fact that none of your siblings ever liked me. And I wasn't invited."

 "None of them have to know that you're here, though, do they?" He sighs and gives you a genuine smile. "I don't know how you find out I was here, but I'm happy you're here all the same, Y/N."

 You nod. "So am I. I missed you."

 He scoffs. "I didn't think anyone did."

 "No, your rotten, no-good siblings didn't miss you," you reply. "I missed you, Finn. For real. You know, you are a likeable person.

 "Well, in that case," he says, "May I have the honor of having you as a partner for the next dance?"

 You shrug. "Well, you know that I do love to dance. That's pretty brave of you, considering you never liked dancing."

 "No. But for you, I'll take the chance of repeatedly stepping on people's feet."

 You hold out your hand. "Then what are you waiting for? Take me out the dance floor."

 He smiles and takes your hand in his. "I will do so gladly."