The Situation (Carolijah)

Klaus Mikaelson was in quite a predicament.
 There was a young lady. Caroline Forbes, to be exact. She was so beautiful and radiant. And he had fallen hopelessly in love. The problem was that she had no interest in dating him, and he was determined to find out why.

 "Nik, what are pacing about like that for?" Rebekah Mikaelson asked her brother.
 "Not now, Rebekah," he said. "I'm thinking."
 "About what? You're not still on the Forbes girl, are you? Why do you want anything to do with her? She's an annoying twit."
 "That Donovan is an annoying twit, yet you're constantly attempting to gain his affections."
 "We weren't taling about me, we were talking about you."
 "Well, if you must know," Klaus said, "I was attempting to think of a way to gain Caroline's affections."
 "Kill less innocent people," Rebekah said dryly. "Girls might go for that."
 "You're not helping, Rebekah. There has to be some way I can get her to like me. I just don't know what."
 "Maybe you're not her type," Rebekah pointed out. "Not every woman swoons at the sight of you, you know. I think I'll be sorry for whatever poor soul ends up marrying you."
 "Are you done with your criticisms? This is a real problem."
 "Well, maybe she's dating someone else. Did you ever think of that?"

Meanwhile

 "Thank you for taking me out to lunch," Caroline said as Elijah held the door open for her.
 "My pleasure," Elijah said with a smile. "I enjoy your company very much. Would you like go for a walk in the park, perhaps? It is a lovely day."
 Caroline smiled back. "Sure. Why not?"
 After a couple of minutes of silence, Elijah said, "Caroline, I feel like I should tell you that I like very much, and I enjoy spending time with you."
 "I feel the same, Elijah. I told Elena and Bonnie that I've been seeing you. They think it's great."
 "That's good, isn't it? They are your best friends."
 "Yes, and their opinion matters a lot. They're not what I'm worried about."
 Elijah frowned. "Is there something you are worried about?"
 "Yeah, there kind of is." They stopped to sit on a bench. "Your brother Klaus likes me. I mean, I'm not interested in dating him, but he's very interested in dating me. And he's dangerous, Elijah. If he finds out you've been going on dates with me, he could-"
 "Caroline." Elijah took her hands in his. "If that is what you're worried about, then you must stop worrying about it. Niklaus doesn't know yet, and I have no intention of telling him anytime soon. Knowing my brother, his attention is bound to turn itself elsewhere at some point. I'll tell him the news after his infatuation with you has passed."
 "Can you promise he won't do anything bad to you?"
 "No, I can't, knowing Niklaus. But I will do what I must to protect you from him if necessary."
 Caroline pulled Elijah into a hug. "You are an awesome boyfriend."
 "Am I your boyfriend now?"
 "If you want to be."
 Elijah smiled. "I think I would very much like to be."

  I think it's probably best Klaus doesn't know about this one.