The Mikaelsons React: Pairings I Forgot About

Part 60, woohoo!

Everyone else: (Half-hearted enthusiasm)

Klaus: I consider this a form of torture, you know.

Hey, this book has come a long way in less than six months.  Be nice for once.

Finn: Being nice isn't a function his mind understands.

Klaus: Shut up, Finn. What do you know? You're dead.

Let's just get this over with. I started this yesterday, but last night's episode of TVD traumatized me and I couldn't get into the writing spirit.

Freya: What happened?

Klaus: Please tell me everyone I hate is dead.

Isn't that everyone?

Klaus: Well, perhaps not everyone.

Anyway, here's a major pairing I can't believe I forgot about:

Mabekah (Rebekah and Matt Donovan)

Rebekah: Oh, I always did like Matt.

Klaus: I didn't.

Rebekah: Well, I had a fun summer in Europe with him and you had nothing to say about it. In fact, I don't remember giving any objections.

Klaus: Elijah, I blame you.

Elijah: I haven't done anything!

Klaus: Yes, you have, your goodwill is rubbing off on me.

Elijah Mikaelson/Alaric Saltzman

Elijah: I'm not sure I remember Alaric Saltzman.

Klaus: Don't bother, he's just as stupid as the rest of them.

Hey, I feel kind of sorry for Alaric; he always seems to get stuck with the worst storylines.

Finn Mikaelson/Caroline Forbes

Finn: I don't believe I ever met Caroline Forbes.

Klaus Mikaelson/Aurora de Martel

Klaus: Well, we were in love once.

Freya: She kidnapped me and buried me alive!

Elijah: And have you forgotten the time you had to rip a white oak bullet out of my chest?

Klaus: I wouldn't be with her after all that.

Klaus Mikaelson/Lucien Castle

Klaus: That isn't any better!

Klenevieve (Klaus and Genevieve)

Klaus: Does it really matter? She's dead.

Elijah Mikaelson/Gia

Elijah: Well, that would be nice if she was still alive.

Klaus: You're never letting it go, are you?

Elijah Mikaelson/Tatia Petrova

Elijah: I did always like her.

Esther/Ansel

Mikael: I protest! wait, this is who I'm thinking of, isn't it?

Ansel: Yes, I'm Klaus' real father.

Mikael: Oh, so you're back, are you? It's not enough that you tried to steal my wife, so now you're here to haunt us?

Ansel: You're dead, too, you know.

Mikael: And now you're going to make snide comments at me? If I still had all my old weapons-

Ansel: Has anyone besides me realized this man is insane?

Klaus: I think we established that a long time ago.

Esther: Mikael, you can't kill him again, because you're both dead.

Mikael: Oh, so you've been hiding in the Underworld all this time, have you?

I'd run while you still can, Ansel, he's crazy. 

I just realized that was all the pairings I'd forgotten. That was shorter than I thought it would.

Elijah: Well, that's only going to give Father more time to think up ways to torture Ansel.

You know, I realized something about Mikael. Klaus was the bad guy on TVD at one point, right? So when Mikael came onto the show, he was going to help the Mystic Falls gang get rid of Klaus, putting him on the side of the protagonists, which made him something of a protagonist as well. He really became an antagonist when he was resurrected on TO because Klaus and company were already the established protagonists.

Mikael: I KNEW IT! You hear that, everyone? I was some kind of hero, like Superman and whoever else.

I think you're more along the lines of Crazyman.

Maybe we could take a minute here to talk about fanfiction itself.

Klaus: Am I in it?

Yes, Klaus, it involves you. I think the Mikaelsons that are written about the most are Klaus, Elijah, Kol, and Rebekah, and I've a lot of stuff about Hope to. Freya, Finn, and Henrik aren't written about very much, and Esther and Mikael are usually just the bad guys trying to destroy everyone.

Esther: Everyone?

Mikael: Haven't I made it clear enough that all I wanted to do was kill Klaus?

Klaus: Gee, thanks.

What I mean to say is that you're all great characters, and you should all be written about in positive ways. I've realized I don't actually hate any of you; I just like you all in varying degrees. I've tried to include stuff about everybody in this book, and I think it's working so far.

Freya: That sounds reasonable.

Well, I think we've said everything that needed to be said.

Mikael: But this does mean I am better than Klaus, right? Because I was on the protagonist side before Klaus?

Klaus: Would you give it a rest? We've both been protagonists and antagonists in our time.

Maybe you should all just go home now.