A Brother's Horror Story (Frucien)

Elijah banged on the door to Lucien Castle's apartment. "Lucien! I know you're home! We need to talk now!" 

 No answer. Elijah tried again. "Come on, Lucien. This is important."

 Lucien gingerly opened the door. His hair was disheveled, and it looked like he was only wearing a bathrobe.

 "What is it?" he asked. "This is not a good time, Elijah."

 "I don't see why not if lives are at stake," Elijah replied. "I need to talk to you, Lucien. I want to know if you anything about Tristan de Martel's plans. And what is al this nonsense about a prophecy? Surely that can't be true. But if it is-" 

 He suddenly stopped. From somewhere within the apartment, there was the sound of humming-a woman's voice. And something about it sounded familiar...

 Lucien looked down at his wrist, even though Elijah could see he wasn't wearing a watch. "Wow, look at the time. Sorry, mate, come back tomorrow." He quickly closed the door, and Elijah heard it lock.

 "Who was that?" he heard from inside.

 "No one important," Lucien replied. "Now, where were we?"

 Elijah heard the other voice giggling. But he had already realized who the other voice was, and instantly began to feel sick.

 It was Freya.

 Elijah walked back to the compound in a daze. Freya and Lucien? Of all the men in New Orleans she could have chosen to sleep with? Did she think he would never find out? What about if Klaus found out? He would rip Lucien's head off without a second thought.

 When Elijah returned to the compound, Klaus immediately appeared, seemingly annoyed about something.

 "And where have you been?" he demanded. "And where, may I ask, is our new big sister? Everyone seems to be disappearing today."

 "Please don't ask." Elijah began to climb the stairs.

 Klaus followed behind him, saying, "Why not? We are dealing with something of a crisis right now, in case you haven't noticed. It would be nice if Freya was around when we could use a witch on our side."

 "Please, Niklaus, I don't want to talk about it."

 Klaus could see he meant it. "Can you at least give me a hint?"

 "You want to know? Why don't you go ask Freya and Lucien? I'm sure you'll some very interesting things to talk about." 

 "Elijah, what on earth are-" Klaus stopped, realization slowly sinking in. "No. It can't be. Anything but that. Elijah, please tell me you're joking." 

 Elijah shook his head. "I went to see Lucien. I didn't go into the apartment, but...I heard them."

 Klaus began to look the same way Elijah felt. "Very well, then."

 "Where are you going?" Elijah asked Klaus as he went back down the stairs.

 "To think of how many ways I can cause Lucien extreme physical pain."

 Elijah sighed. "I thought you might say something like that."