Dating and Babysitting (Klayley + Possible Camilijah)

Babysitting Hope while his brother and Hayley were out having fun was not exactly how Elijah had meant to spend his evening.

 Klaus and Hayley had gotten into another argument, as they could both be rather stubborn, but soon made up and decided to have a night out. It was short notice, so the only actually available person to babysit Hope was Elijah. Being himself, Elijah could not bring himself to say no.

 "We'll only be gone a few hours, I promise," Hayley said.

 "Unless we end up being longer!" Klaus called as they left.

 Elijah sighed and looked down at little Hope. "I suppose it's you and me, then, little niece. Let's go upstairs, shall we?"

~~~~~~

 Being the little angel she was, it did not take long for Elijah to get Hope to sleep. But once she was asleep, he was alone with not much to do, since no one else was home. 

 After a few minutes, he heard footsteps downstairs and a voice call, "Hello? Anybody home?"

 Elijah went to the stairwell and called down, "Hello, Camille. If you're looking for my brother, he and Hayley just went out not very long ago. I'm not sure when he'll be back." 

 She looked surprised. "Really? Earlier, Klaus called me and asked if I could come over for a chat. Something about being in need of 'therapeutic guidance'?"

 "Oh. That might have been because he and Hayley were arguing again. They made up and decided to go out for the evening, so they left me to babysit Hope. It was rather short notice, so I'm sure Niklaus just forgot to call you and tell you he had changed his plans."

 "Oh." Her shoulders seemed to slump. "Well, if Klaus isn't here, I guess I go. See you."

 "Hold on a moment, Camille," Elijah said, coming down the stairs. "Since you're here, would you like to stay for some tea? Hope's asleep, and no one else is home, so I would be welcoming to your company if you don't have anywhere else to be."

 Cami smiled. "Okay. Yeah, I'd like that."

~~~~~~

 "Fancy kitchen," Cami said, looking around. "You guys know how to decorate."

 "Thank you," Elijah said, turning off the stove. "Freya puts a lot of work into keeping things tidy around here. I've told her she doesn't have to go to so much trouble, but she can be very stubborn and determined. I believe it's the Mikaelson in her."

 "Sure sounds like you guys. Stubborn and determined." Cami silently stirred her tea, like she was thinking about something. "So, are Klaus and Hayley a steady thing? Like, they're serious about their relationship?"

 "I believe so," Elijah answered. "They argue quite a lot, and seem to go back and forth between being madly in love and wanting to stab each other. But they seem to be sticking together. You seem very interested on the subject."

 She shrugged. "Just wondering."

 "Right." Elijah took a sip of his tea. "It's all right to admit you had feelings for my brother. I've made it no secret I had feelings for Hayley. While I've moved on since then, it can still be very uncomfortable to see them together."

 She sighs. "I guess much doesn't get past you, huh? Yeah, I did like Klaus. But I think he just wasn't interested. He obviously just thinks of me as a friend and 'therapeutic guidance'. But I guess being friends is better than nothing. Does it bother you that they're together?"

 "No, it actually doesn't. They're both happy, and I'm perfectly fine with that fact."

 "Well, a man like you shouldn't have much trouble finding a woman." Cami finished off her tea. "I think I should get going. Thanks for the tea." She headed for the doorway, stopped, and turned around. "Hey, do you want to hang out sometime? Like, the two of us? I think we'd be good friends, you and I."

 Elijah smiled. "Yes, I would like that. Let me you know when you have some free time." 

 After she left, Elijah cleaned out the teacups and thought it would be nice to hang out with someone like Cami.