Enzo St. John #1

You're getting tired of saving your friend Enzo from danger.

 "Oh, come on, Y/N," he says as he trails behind you. "This is the last time I almost get myself killed, I promise."

 "That's not the first time you've said that, Enzo," you point out, "And I'm sure it won't be the last."

 "Probably not. But, Y/N, this time it wasn't really my fault."

 "That's what you always say."

 "Oh. Well, it's true this time. I was attacked. Luckily, with your witch power, you were able to get me out of that one." 

 "Yeah, and you still haven't paid me back for all the times I've saved you from certain doom," you say.

 "I haven't?" he asks. "Then I'll certainly have to fix that, won't I? What do you want in return, Y/N? Say it, and I'll get it for you." 

 You shrug. "I don't know. You could show me a little more appreciation."

 "Now, hold up." Enzo grabs you by the shoulder. "Are you saying I don't appreciate you?"

 "I don't know," you answer. "Do you? You don't act like you do. At this point, I wouldn't be afraid to accuse you of taking me for granted." You shrug him off and begin walking again.

 "Y/N," Enzo still follows you, "Of course I appreciate you. You're my friend, something I have barely any of. Your friendship and survival skills are very much appreciated. I'm sorry if I haven't shown my appreciation before. Just don't abandon me."

 "What would you do if I did abandon you?" you ask. 

 "Mourn the loss forever, probably. You're special, Y/N. I think you really are."

 You can't help smiling at that. "If you say so."

 When you get to your house, you say, "I should probably go to bed. Saving people from doom isn't easy, you know." 

 Enzo smiles. "I can imagine. Have I convinced you yet that I appreciate you and I'm not taking you for granted?"

 You sigh. "I don't know, Enzo. I mean, we don't do things like normal friends do."

 "Then we shall. Tomorrow night, you and me. Teach me what friends do, and I'll gladly follow you."

 "Really?" 

 He nods. "Really."

 "Well, that's quite the declaration. If I have time, then yeah, let's. We can see how compatible we are doing ordinary things." 

 Enzo smiles at you. "I'm glad. Thank you, Y/N, for letting me have a chance to prove myself." He hesitates before leaving, still looking at you. Then he says, "Well, good night, then." 

 You watch him leave before going into the house, still smiling. Enzo isn't that bad, you think. Vampires get themselves into trouble all the time. It's just what they do, it seems.

 You decide you'll make sure you're free tomorrow night so you can hang out with Enzo. Maybe it will even end up being a real date.