Jackson Kenner #1

When you hear that Jackson has moved back to the bayou, you feel the need to go see him. What's he doing back here, you wonder? He's been living with Hayley and her daughter, and they had apparently become some kind of picture-perfect family. But it seems not, if he's left her.

 You find him alone outside his cabin, chopping wood. He looks miserable, and it hurts you to see him so sad.

 "Hey, Jackson," you say. "I heard you moved back."

 "You heard correct," he says without looking up at you.

 "So? What happened? I thought you and Hayley were in love and a happy couple and all that."

 He sighs. "Yeah. I thought so, too." He goes back to chopping up wood.

 "Did you and Hayley fight?" you ask. "There isn't someone else, is there?"

 He stops and looks up at you. "Of course there is, Y/N. There's the Mikaelsons. They have always been the problem."

 "Well, Klaus Mikaelson is the father of her daughter," you say, "So it would make sense if he was around."

 "Why should he? He's done nothing but cause problems for everyone the moment he stepped foot in this town again."

 You nod. "You got a point about that. So, is it just Klaus that's the problem, then?"

 "No. He is a problem, but he's only part of it. There's also Elijah. He's the other part of it." He put down the axe. "I know he and Hayley have feelings for each other, and they know that I know it."

 "Why would Hayley marry you if she's in love with Elijah Mikaelson?" you ask.

 He shrugs. "Sense of duty, I guess. The point is that I know she loves him."

 "But you would still do anything for her," you finish.

 He sighs again. "Yes, I would. I love her, Y/N, but she obviously doesn't me."

 You shake your head. "She must be blind, then, because I know how great you are." You hold out your arms. "Come here. You look unbearably miserable."

 He gives you a bit of a smile and lets you hug him. Hayley must be blind, you think, if she can't how great Jackson is. But you can.