Just This Once (Klefan)

This takes place in between Seasons 2 and 3 of TVD.

 "Are you ever going to tell me what we're doing?" Stefan asked as they drove on.
 "You'll find out soon enough," Klaus replied. "Now, keep driving."
 "Can we at least stop somewhere for the night? You've been making me drive for hours."
 "If you didn't want to work for me, Stefan, you should have thought about it before you begged me to save the life of your miserable excuse for a brother. But because I'm in a merciful mood, we can stop tonight. But I expect you to be awake and alert at dawn."
 "Fine, whatever. I'm stopping at the next hotel we drive past." 

 "You are absolutely horrible at picking out the difference between good hotels and bad ones," Klaus complained as Stefan unlocked the door. "'Only one room available at the moment'? All good hotels-"
 "Well, at least there's two beds," Stefan pointed out. "I am going to go take a shower. You can do whatever the hell it is you do with your free time."
 When Stefan later emerged from the shower, Klaus was pacing back and forth across the room furiously, deeply absorbed in whatever it was he was thinking about. Trying to ignore him, he got into one of the beds. He would just get some sleep, then be up at dawn for whatever it was Klaus was planning to do. 

 Stefan opened his eyes. It was still dark out. It had to be the middle of the night.
 "Well, waking you up was a little more difficult than I thought it would be."
 Stefan turned to see Klaus laying next to him, smiling.
 "What are you doing in my bed?" Stefan asked. 
 "The other one wasn't the least bit comfortable." Klaus moved closer to Stefan, and Stefan tried to move away. "Oh, Stefan, you're not afraid of me, are you? You shouldn't be."
 "And why shouldn't I be?"
 "Because there's things you don't know, things you will know soon enough. But for now, let's just be in the moment, together."
 Stefan sighed. "Fine. You can stay there. But please don't come any closer."
 "Are you sure?" Klaus asked. "One night wouldn't hurt, would it? You see," he leaned over to whisper in Stefan's ear, "I've always liked you, dear Stefan. Just this once, this one night together, and I'll even make you forget it happened if you want."
 Stefan knew what it was Klaus wanted to do. He didn't really want to; that would be like betraying Elena, wouldn't it?
 But if Klaus could make forget it happened, and they did it just this once, then why the hell not?
 "Fine," Stefan said. "But just this once. You get it?"
 "Oh, I get it," Klaus said, wrapping his arms around Stefan.

 They were on the road again by time the sun was up.
 "Are we going to be wherever it is we're going anytime soon?" Stefan asked, glancing over at the hybrid. "You haven't even told me what it is we're doing."
 "You will drive for as long as I tell you to drive."
 After a few minutes of silence, Stefan asked, "Did anything weird happen last night?"
 "What do you mean by that?"
 "I mean...just out of the ordinary. I get the feeling that something happened, but I don't know what."
 "You feel asleep, and I spent most of my night pacing and plotting evil deeds." Klaus gave him a smile. "Anything else you'd like to know?"
 "No, I don't think so."
 Klaus smiled to himself and stared out the window. The compulsion had worked perfectly. He just wished that last night didn't only happen because he could compel Stefan to forget it happened.
 It would be nice if he could get Stefan to like him. Just a little bit, at least.

______

 Now I want Stefan to move to New Orleans so he and Klaus can fall in love. Which I actually feel a little guilty about now, because I think Stefan and Caroline are cute together, too.