Klaus Suspects (Haymille)

Klaus Mikaelson waited while the line rang. When the other end picked up, he said, "Hello, Camille. It's I, Klaus. Oh, you already saw my name on the screen. How are you? Oh, yes, I'm well enough. Well, I thought I'd ask if you'd like to come over after your shift, for dinner. No one would mind. Oh. I see. Well, um, perhaps another night, then."

 Hayley had come into the room carrying Hope while Klaus on the phone. When he'd said goodbye and hung up, she asked, "Girl of your dreams turn you down?"

 "No, Hayley, Camille did not turn me down. She has plans for tonight, so she'll come over for dinner another night. She sounded odd on the phone, though. I wonder if she's feeling well."

 "Right. Um, can you watch Hope for a little while?" Hayley handed their daughter over to him. "I have to go out."

 "For what?" Klaus asked.

 "To do something important."

 "What important thing?" Klaus called, but she was already on her way out. 

 Klaus sat upstairs with Hope for a little while, and eventually got her to take a nap. Something strange was going on, he felt. He wasn't sure why, but he just had the feeling that something big was happening, and no one had bothered to tell him.

 Downstairs, Elijah was sitting in a chair reading while Freya was flicking through TV channels.

 "Freya," Klaus began, stepping into the room, "You're a woman."

 Freya looked over at Elijah as if to say, Is he being serious? Elijah just shrugged and went back to his book.

 "Yeah," Freya said. "And?"

 "Well, I was hoping you could help me with something," Klaus said, sitting down next to her on the sofa. "You see, the women in my life have been acting a little odd."

 "Which women? Not me and Rebekah?"

 "No, no, I mean Hayley and Camille. They're both acting strange. I spoke to Camille on the phone not very long ago, and when I asked if she'd like to come over for dinner, she said she had something to do tonight, and something about her voice sounded off. And then Hayley just dumped our daughter on me and told me she had to go out to do something important."

 "And all of that is suspicious?" Freya asked.

 "Freya, you haven't lived with him as long as I have," Elijah said, "So it may not occur to you that this is most likely one of those times when he acts completely paranoid for no real reason."

 "I'm not paranoid, Elijah," Klaus snapped. "I'm just...concerned."

 "Well, what do you think, there's some kind of conspiracy plot against you going on?" Freya asked.

 "Well, there could be," Klaus said. "I'll have to talk to Marcel about that."

 Elijah sighed and closed up his book. "Niklaus, I don't what has gotten into your head, but I think you need to stop thinking these things and be a little more realistic. If there's something going on with Hayley that we should know, she'll tell us."

~~~~~~ 

 Meanwhile, in a different part of town, Hayley and Cami were curled up together on Cami's sofa. Cami had ordered Chinese food and Hayley rented a few movies.

 "Were you able to sneak away undetected?" Cami asked.

 Hayley shrugged. "Pretty much. I heard Klaus on the phone with you, though, and I couldn't resist teasing him about being rejected by his ladylove." She stopped smiling when she saw Cami's face change. "What's wrong? You're not actually worried about him, are you?"

 "How can I not be?" Cami asked. "He obviously likes me, and he has no idea I'm dating someone. And you've been hesitant about saying something because of all the scary stories you heard from Elijah and Rebekah about Klaus killing their past lovers."

 Hayley sighed. "Yeah. I think I was being a little silly with that, you know. They already know you, and you're not any kind of danger to Hope, so I doubt the Mikaelsons will care if we're dating."

 "But Klaus and I-"

 "Cami," Hayley took her girlfriend's hand in her own, "Klaus needs to realize that not everything is about him. We got together because we had feelings for each other. He's just going to have to live with that."

 Cami smiled. "You always know what to say, don't you?"

 Hayley shrugged again. "Some of the time. So, let's get the movie started, huh?"

 Cami kissed her and snuggled up to her, forgetting any troubles, her mind perfectly at ease.