Lucien Castle #1

You are surprised when you get a call from your old friend Lucien; it has been awhile since you last spoke to each other. You're even more surprised when he tells you he's in New Orleans. You knew it was the current residence of the Mikaelsons, whom Lucien has always held a grudge against. You're curious, and cannot pass up the opportunity to see what your friend is up to.

~~~~~~

 You sit down at a table by the window. You look around, but he hasn't showed yet. You pull out your phone and text him, I'm here. Where are you?

 "Look no further, my dear," you hear.

 You turn to see Lucien himself standing a few feet away from you, that everlasting smirk on his face.

 "Hello, Lucien," you say. "Been a while. Why did you ask me to come here?"

 "Well, can't a vampire ask to have a visit with his friend?"

 "Not when it comes to you," you reply. "So, what's up? Why the sudden emergency meeting?"

 "I'm getting to that," he says as he sits down across from you. "In the time I've been here in New Orleans, I have been formulating a plan to bring down the Mikaelsons."

 You scoff. "That's what you called me for? Do you know how many people have tried to bring them down and failed?"

 "Oh, I know. But this time, things will be different." He looks around the café, which is mostly empty, and pulls a piece of paper out of his pocket. "You never know who could be listening, so I wrote it all down. Read that, and tell me your thoughts."

 You take the sheet from Lucien and read over it. It's a plan, you realize, a plan that sounds so insane it just might work.

 He smiles again. "I know that look. You think it could work, don't you?"

 "It definitely sounds possible," you admit, "And maybe worth a shot."

 "Exactly. So, how would you like to stick around and see just how far I'll get?" 

 You shrug. "I don't see why not." 

 The two of you smile at each other. What a plot it was.