Finn Mikaelson #4

For centuries, you have been searching for Finn's daggered body. You know his brother Klaus has him hidden away somewhere, but where he is has always been the problem. It has taken centuries of following clues and going on wild goose chases, you finally find him.

~~~~~~

 You open the lid of the coffin, and take in a breath as you look down at his desiccated body. It is definitely Finn.

 You get a firm grip on the dagger in his chest, and pull it out. Once it is in your hand, you toss it to the other side of the room where you don't have to look at it. Then you sit down on the floor and wait for Finn to wake up.

 When he does come to, you say, "Well, hello, stranger. I've been waiting for you to wake up."

 Finn doesn't get up right away. He blinks, and gazes around, as if trying to make sense of what was happening. Then his gaze falls in you. "Y/N?" He slowly sits up. "Where...am I? What's-those people. They were trying to kill us, and-where are they? My siblings? I was attacked, and they left me! They left me," he repeated in a softer tone.

 "It's been many centuries, Finn," you say, "And I've been looking for you in that time. I only just found you. Don't worry, none of your siblings are anywhere around, far as I know. But we have to get out of here fast." You give him your hand. "Just trust me."

 He takes your hand. "Y/N, I always trusted you, and don't forget that."

~~~~~~

 As you drive, Finn asks, "They didn't want me, did they? They didn't like that I disliked being a vampire, so they left me daggered and alone all that time."

 "It was wrong of them," you say, "And they shouldn't have done it to you."

 "You said you spent centuries looking for me. Why would you do that?"

 "Like I said, it was wrong," you answer. "You had every right to live through the centuries along with your siblings, with me. And you know very well you weren't good at making friends, so I was the only one you had. It would have been cruel of me not to try to help you. Now, first we're going to have to find you something to feed on." 

 "I can't kill anyone," he says. "I don't want to."

 "Fine. Animal blood, then."

 "I don't want to kill any animals, either."

 You sigh. "You aren't going to make this easy for me, are you? Well, I guess after I rob the nearest blood bank, we'll have to get you some modern clothes, because you are definitely going to stand out in that."

 "Y/N." He reaches over and lays his hand on yours. "Thank you. Thank you for  what you did for me, and whatever else this is you're doing to help me. If I am to have a helping friend, I could not have asked for a better one."

 "Well, you're...you're welcome," you say. "Let's just get your current situation sorted out first, okay? Then we'll see where to go next."