Klaus Mikaelson #8

You've honestly felt quite terrible lately. You haven't really said anything about it to anyone, thinking it was probably just some stomach bug, but after a couple of days you're not so sure.

 Before saying you think there's something wrong with you and worrying everyone, you turn on your computer and look up these symptoms. You know there has to be a reasonable explanation for this.

 What you soon realize shocks you.

~~~~~~

 You quietly slip out of bed earlier than usual, trying not to wake up Klaus. As you go down the stairs, you can hear noises coming from the kitchen, but you know it's probably just Freya, since she's usually up at this time.

 "Look at you, rising with the sun," she says when you enter the kitchen. "You're never up this early." She stops in her tracks, as if sensing something's wrong. "You're not okay, are you?"

 You shake your head. "No. I haven't been feeling good, and last night, I think I found out why."

 The two of you sit down together at the table, and you tell her everything you're thinking.

 "Well, before you tell anyone else, I think we need to figure out for sure if it's true," Freya says.

 "But if it is true," you say, "I don't know how to tell Klaus."

 "Y/N, the only way to tell him is to just tell him the truth. Eventually, he's gonna realize something's up, so it's better to do it now."

~~~~~~

 When you walk into the living room that evening, Klaus is there. He looks up at you and smiles.

 "Ah, here you are," he says. "And how have you managed to elude me all day?" He gets up and gives you a kiss, and then he looks at you with a frown. "Is something wrong?"

 You sigh. "I hope not. Klaus, I have to tell you something. It's important."

 His face becomes even more grave. "What's happened? Has someone threatened you? Has someone hurt you? Did one of my brothers do something?"

 "No, no," you say quickly. "No one has threatened me with anything, and I get along fine with your brothers. Klaus, I'm pregnant."

 His eyes widen, and he stares at you in disbelief. "What?" He looks down at your stomach. "You're-" He turns away from you, and stares into the fireplace.

 "I hadn't thought something like this would happen again," he says. "After all the danger Hayley and Hope went through, I didn't want something like this to happen again."

 "Are you...saying you don't want this baby?" you ask.

 "No!" He quickly turns back around. "That is not what I'm saying. Y/N, if you want this baby, and you want to be a mother, I will be there with you." 

 "Will you?" You can feel tears forming in your eyes. "You'll stick with me and the baby?"

 "Of course I will." He pulls you closer and wraps his arms around you. "I am going to protect you and our child in any way I can, Y/N. I'm not going anywhere."