Rebekah Mikaelson #3

As soon as you walk up to the Mikaelson compound, you hear the sound of people arguing. It sounds like Rebekah and Klaus. Worried about Rebekah, you run inside to find Klaus standing over her with a dagger.

 Rebekah has told you of those daggers before, and you know what it can do to her. You quickly get in between them shielding Rebekah.

 "Leave her alone," you say.

 "Y/N, what are you doing?" Rebekah demands.

 "Get out of the way, Y/N," Klaus commands. "This has nothing to do with you."

 "I'm not letting you dagger Rebekah," you say, standing your ground. "I'll fight you if I have to."

 Klaus lowers the dagger. "So you want to fight me. Then come on. Come get me."

 "Nik, leave him alone," Rebekah says.

 But it's too late. You've already fallen for it and lunged at Klaus, which leads into a fight. You fight as hard as you can, but you both know Klaus is the stronger than you. He eventually pins you down, ready to kill you. The others have gathered now, telling Klaus not to kill you and let you go.

 And then the strangest thing happens. You start to laugh. You're actually laughing at Klaus.

 "Do you know how insane this is?" you say. "How pathetic you're being? You would do anything for your siblings. But when someone is in your way of punishing them, you're ready to kill them, just like that." You sigh. "Just kill me, then. If it's going to keep you from hurting Rebekah, just do it and get it over with."

 Something in Klaus' face changes as you speak. When you finish, he lowers his weapon and gets up. 

 "I suppose I may have been a little overdramatic," he says. "It was a stupid fight. But if you do anything that stupid again, I might kill you for real. You're lucky this time."

 You get up, realizing this is the Klaus Mikaelson version of 'I'm sorry I just tried to kill you'. Rebekah runs over to you and hugs you.

 "Do you have any idea at all how incredibly stupid and idiotic that was?" she asks.

 "A bit." You kiss her, and wipe a tear off her face. "But we're both safe. I don't think we have anything else to worry about."