Chapter 17~THIRD-PERSON~POV~A warm Thursday in early September.

In a cloudy late morning, Chi-yun wandered around the army base like always. She was carrying her silver purse as always. But she was not walking at normal speed. It was at slow pace. Anyone of you would ask that if she's bored, was she wondering about her future goals or was she thinking about her family and friends at Seoul and Los Angeles. But...she may not be thinking about those things. She looked solemn and a bit depressed. Why? Last night, she and Mo-yeon didn't know that Si-jin was leaving from Urk. However, Chi-yun eavesdropped the conversation between Mo-yeon and Si-jin about the unapproved kiss he did to her about two days ago. He asked her that if he would apologize...or confess.

Mo-yeon told him that she's drawn to him, wishing that she could spend more time with him. She could handle with a charming yet dangerous man. Si-jin knows that he always leaves too soon after they met, and she can't get angry or wanting him to stay. She had nothing do with those two options. All that she said is that she does not like him now and wanted him to apologize. He apologized, saluted and left her. That made Chi-yun break her heart and felt that her confidence on them is gone. She silently walked away from the conversation. She determined herself not to talk to them in a couple of days. So that's why she's like that today.

She got tired of wandering around the army base so she walked towards the stairs of the building and sat on the very bottom stair. It was strange for her that she didn't say a word; maybe she was pensive. Suddenly, she felt the pain of losing confidence with Si-jin and Mo-yeon, although she didn't tell them. Her face looked numb when she felt the pain, but tears came out from her eyes. She faced down and brought her own knees. She wiped her tears with her fingers, not trying to ruin her makeup. But her fingers are clean; she didn't realize that her makeup she always had it on since her transformation is waterproof.

She faced up by a spark of hope in her heart, hoping that Si-jin and Mo-yeon will get back together. Her silver eyes brightened by the illuminated clouds. Suddenly, someone called her.

"Chi-yun!" It was Khalil, calling her at distance.

She looked at him along with Fatima, standing in front of the army base.

Chi-yun stood up from the stairs and walked towards them.

"What's the matter?" Chi-yun asked.

"We've been looking for you." Fatima spoke.

"Oh. I was here at the army base. Sorry." Chi-yun spoke.

"What do you need me for?" Chi-yun asked.

"Well, what we're thinking is that..." Khalil paused.

"...can you tell the story about the transformation you have?" Khalil asked.

That made Chi-yun smile, she already knew that she was prepared to tell the whole story.

"I was about to tell you that, because I think that now's the time to tell all about it." Chi-yun spoke.

Khalil and Fatima smiled; they started to wander around the base.

"So, to start this story, I came back to Seoul to spend time with my family. However, it didn't go planned as I thought. I surprised my older brother the day after I returned. He surprised me back by telling that he and one of my best friends are getting married. I met his friends in the hospital and we all became good friends, like a family." She introduced.

"Aww." Fatima chuckled.

"Yeah. So, in the next day, I talked to Mo-yeon about what experiences she has as a doctor. Those words she told me I kept it by heart. She told me, 'We all have a story of our first patient, the first death we see, the first big mistake we make, and the ways that our personal lives are forced to change to make space for dedication to medicine. So you see, Chi-yun, you will see moments that can traumatize you, but when you know when it's time to move on, it's time to move on. Not all doctors from all over the world might have that same experience that I do. But what we all see is death, resurrection and recovery. I know you might be able to see it, too.' So...that's her advice to me for my future career." Chi-yun continued as they kept walking around.