Chapter 45~THIRD-PERSON POV~A Sunday night in late September.

In the quarantine room, Myung-joo was still laying in her hospital bed. She just took her own temperature in her ear thermometer. She knew her fever was getting worse than last time. She looked spookingly pale as if she was about to die. She picked her golden Samsung smartphone to call her dad Gil-joon. She held it on her ear to wait for his answer. After it rang three times, he answered.

"Yeoboseyo?" Gil-joon spoke in her phone.

"Dan-gyeol. Appa, I'm sick. Haven't you heard?" She spoke.

"I did." He spoke.

"But you never called." She countered.

"You have fifty percent chance of surviving. As a father, or as a commanding officer, there's nothing I can do. So I waited for you to call. I'm powerless." He admitted.

"I won't lose. I will fight and live. Don't worry, Dad." She assured.

"I won't. You will fight. I hope you will." He hoped.

Tears formed around Myung-joo's brown eyes, as they were about to fall out.

"Just do two things for me." She spoke when tears fell out from her eyes.

"Do you have that many favors to ask?" He asked.

"First...forgive me, Dad. Before coming here, I threatened you that you'd lose both a daughter and a lieutenant." Her voice broke of crying; she realized what she threatened him was about to come true.

"I apologize for saying that." She cried.

"It's okay. Just get better." He accepted her apology.

"What's the second?" He asked.

"When I get better...If I really don't die, let Sergeant Major Seo stay in the army. Don't make him leave, Dad. Please? I overheard everything." She spoke.

Flashbacks came into her mind in those moments of herself and Dae-young.

"I loved being with him so much, so I pretended not to know." She admitted.

"Mianhae, appa. You're always worried about me. But I'm always worried about him." She apologized.

She heard his trembling sigh, knowing that he was about to cry.

"That sounds more like my daughter. You're back to your usual self, making me worried like always." He broke his voice.

Myung-joo smiled a little; she saw Mo-yeon in her light blue surgeon outfit, surgeon mask and white rubber gloves. Seems like she'll get an injection.

"I'll call you again later, Dad. I think it's time for me to get an injection. I have to hang up now." She spoke.

"Okay. Hope you'll feel better. Annyeo." He spoke.

"Annyeo." She spoke; she hung up but right after that...

Clank! She dropped her phone. The monitor bleeped as if it sounded like an alarm.

"Myung-joo! Myung-joo!" Mo-yeon urged as she rushed towards her.

Myung-joo was about to fall over the bed but Mo-yeon saved her. She held her laying on the bed. Mo-yeon picked a flashlight to check her eyes. Her eyes seemed a little bit red, but her skin looked pale.

"Guys, I need help." Mo-yeon called some of the medical team.

Sang-hyun, Ja-ae and two other doctors rushed in Myung-joo's room. Si-jin and Dae-young rushed in the room. The soldiers had their light blue surgeon outifits on their uniforms. Chi-yun, Khalil and Fatima rushed towards the door of what was happening on Myung-joo.